Thread: A fun yard - doorknock

Candidate Member

A fun yard - doorknock

Last Saturday I left early with my detector to get some time in before the ground gets too hard. So far, the weather has been mild in Michigan.

I hit a couple of spots including a park and one of my rentals (built in 1915) but wasn't having much luck so I decided to switch it up and get a permission.

This yard was an absolute blast! The signals were strong, shallow and silver! There were also several spills.

My first good target was a silver dime at only about 4 inches. There was another target in the hole - a wheatie. There was yet another high tone adjacent to the first plug which turned out to be another silver dime!

Here is a shot of the two plugs side-by-side:
    Name:  IMG_0248.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  149.7 KB
    I was working street-to-house after detecting the perimeter and along the driveway and walkway. I soon got another good high-tone and dug a Merc and a wheatie in the same hole! These signals were so good I could hardly believe it - nothing like the signals at iron-infested homesteads. It was extremely refreshing.

I picked up another silver dime before I switched directions and hit the whole thing again. I am glad I did because I picked up one more silver Rosie completely on edge and only 2 inches deep. I did not even hear this signal on the first pass as I was swinging parallel with the direction the coin was on edge. It gave a great signal from perpendicular and it ended up in my pouch!

A great hunt - 4 silver Rosies, a Merc, 6 wheats, 3 spills, 1 silver spill!
    Name:  IMG_2930.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  76.1 KB

Good hunt for sure, congrats!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Definitely a hunt that would make any of us smile. Congrats on all you keepers.....
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album