Thread: Not a good week

Not a good week

From Brexit Britain
    Pains in the left leg last Monday. Saw the Doc AM. Mid PM was in the Hospididle , CT Scan showed a blood clot in an artery behind the knee. Spent the night rigged up to a blood thinning infuser, with blood tests every two hours. Prognosis seems good, provided I self inject thinners on a daily basis.Not as bad as thought it would be - jab don't push! The worst case scenario would be conversion to Long John Silver mode, but the National Health Service would'nt provide a parrot. Still, progressing and walking thro' the pain. Bummer is I cant make a club dig tomorrow
    KeithM
    Stop both engines, full ahead both rudders

Hospididle? Parrot? Sorry to hear about your health problems, but glad to see you've kept your sense of humor intact. Good luck and get well soon so you can keep swinging.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Follow the doc's orders. Hoping all gets well and maybe a go fund me page for the parrot.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Get well soon, Keith!!
    Can you hunt throughout the winter there?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Get well soon, Keith!!
    Can you hunt throughout the winter there?
    Indeed we can, Young Sir. I'm in the southwest where 2 inches of snow is the end of the world - though our particular county-Somerset - is generally snow free. Not so up north, where it can get a bit hairy, but nowhere near the conditions you in the states have to put up with. Our clubs Christmas dig is Dec 10th,( which I cant make - house/dog sitting in Scotland)
    KeithM

Yeah I'm a nurse better to jab hope you feel better soon

And the latest - an operation to bypass the artery, Went for a followup with the surgeon today. He aint very happy with the state of my left foot, hang it over the edge of bed foot goe's red , lift it up at 45 degrees, it goes white, plus a few of the pinkies look a bit iffie. A tidal left foot, begad!!. So an operation on Mon 18th , but of course no guarantees as to success
    Watch this space
    KeithM

Best of luck and prayers for you . May the Lord guide your ship through rough seas .

From Brexit Britain
    Sorry, lads, haven't been here for a while.
    Went for the opp. on Mon18th Dec , but as I had injected blood thinners that morning (due to conflicting advice!), the surgeon postponed the opp. until the next day. Anyhow, come Tues I was trundled off to the theatre at 0830 and was subjected to a six hour operation to rearrange the plumbing in my left leg. It involved taking out a vein and using it to bypass the blocked artery.
    When I came to,I was surprised at the low pain level, which was almost nil!
    The leg was very swollen, which was understandable considering all the internal cutting and pasting it was subjected to.
    Anyway, after a day I was walking (hobbling, actually) short distances – mainly to and from the toilet! Bed pans are not my favourite items!
    Things progressed well enough for me to come home on Friday 22nd , to an enthusiastic welcome by Bonnie dog. ( A collie cross lurcher, with added Saluki – and daft as a brush).
    The following weeks involved visits to the local surgery for dressing changes on the op. scars
    A month back, I was able to wear proper shoes, so ventured out for an hour or so for a dig on a local permission. Found two tea spoon handles and a pre- 1860 Victoria penny.
    Management (aka the wife), has been superb in her support, especially as she has renal problems.
    Anyhow, our club has arranged a dig next Sunday on the site of a Roman settlement – the club has already found a small hoard, so here's hoping . Leg permiting, I'll be there
    KeithM

I'm glad everything went ok, and hope you can make it to the hunt! Congrats on the penny!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

That is great to hear from you and your progress Keith and I wish you well on the Roman hunt !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Glad to hear you are on the path to wellness. Good luck at the club dig.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album