Thread: Minelab equinox 600

Minelab equinox 600

Jumped on the minelab wagon today pre ordered 600 equinox bought a whites MX sport last Christmas now were do you guys and gals hide your detectors and stuff from your spouse

I tried making my man cave so disgustingly filthy that my wife wouldn't want to venture in to it. But that failed. The all-seeing eye sees all.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

My wife uses reverse psychology , She says " sure , go ahead and get it " . It takes all the fun out of it so I usually rethink and pass on getting it . We have been married 48 years .
    Last edited by Cheap Thrills; 12-08-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Candidate Member
    I do not ever hide anything from my wife if we have the funds she usually says go ahead

Quote Originally Posted by oldkoot View Post
    I do not ever hide anything from my wife if we have the funds she usually says go ahead
    Me too. Congrats, George on 48 yrs!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by oldkoot View Post
    I don't either and she actually paid for half but I did bump it up to the 800 I'm just trying to make conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    My wife uses reverse psychology , She says " sure , go ahead and get it " . It takes all the fun out of it so I usually rethink and pass on getting it . We have been married 48 years .
    Dang it!

I too usually just show her the pictures and threads on the forums.
    And she just asks me "Yeah, So. When are you getting it?"
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

I just got mine too!!! You have a T2 and an etrac, right, Coop? I have only used the T2...the Minelab tones are going to take a while for me to get used to.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I just got mine too!!! You have a T2 and an etrac, right, Coop? I have only used the T2...the Minelab tones are going to take a while for me to get used to.
    I hate to be the one to tell you this, Drew, but you will never get used to those Minelab tones. They render any metal detector useless. You may as well pack that Equinox up and ship it to me and I will dispose of it properly for you.

Name:  shy.gif.5955dc85374e63a6dac30e04e366adaa.gif
Views: 160
Size:  954 Bytes (Is he falling for it?)
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    I hate to be the one to tell you this, Drew, but you will never get used to those Minelab tones. They render any metal detector useless. You may as well pack that Equinox up and ship it to me and I will dispose of it properly for you.
    Name:  shy.gif.5955dc85374e63a6dac30e04e366adaa.gif
Views: 160
Size:  954 Bytes (Is he falling for it?)
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice try Tony, but I think that piece of scrap should come to me to be "recycled" properly!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Congrats on getting your new Equinox Drew. I'm looking forward to seeing and reading about your experiences with it . That's a great picture you posted . Thanks to you and Timmy for your nice acknowledgements .

Who knew Minelabs made music?!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IRcM9qwDwo
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Who knew Minelabs made music?!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IRcM9qwDwo

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Just wait, Drew. Soon that "bad flute" will be sweet music to your ears when you get the coil over a copper, colonial buckle or a silver coin.
    Lifetime totals:

Best of luck with your new machines Cooper and Drew , please give us all an honest assessment ( both good and bad ) .

My wife has asked me more than a few times "so when you getting a new detector" over that last 13 years (the lifespan of my DFX now) But the bills and kids expenses have always took priority that and the fact I just hate spending that kind of money on myself .

Is it me or does this Equinox look very similar to the deus ? you think Minelab is trying to cut into their market ?
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

The question I have Drew is will Mrs. OSD let you keep your new toy on that window sill when it is caked with an inch of mud and grime?

Some years back I used to hunt with a buddy that had a Minelab. He didn't ever use headphones. Even though I was a DFX user, I learned the flute notes.

Dan, if you take away the cable, and the non collapsible straight shaft, you could say the Equinox resembles the Deus

If Minelab intends for the Equinox to cut into the Deus market, I think it would also cut into the CTX market seeing that the CTX and Deus have similar pricing. But performance is everything and in the end marketplace will be the final arbiter.

Yes, we want field reports from real users....NOW !
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Now I think about it I was confusing you Cooper with another member, Coop. Sorry!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Now I think about it I was confusing you Cooper with another member, Coop. Sorry!
    No problem I'm still waiting on mine i called kellyco today said they had shipped some but had alot of reserves
    Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MX Sport

I would guess this is Minelab's answer to the Deus. I have already noted that the price point of the Deus has moved down a little bit and a starter bundle, without the remote, is priced very close to the Equinox. I had a CTX a few years ago but only took it to one cellar hole. I should have read the instruction manual first because I had been using it in Georgia on a Civil War site. It was a beast on my Civil War site and went deep (14" on a Standing Liberty). I was digging hot rocks all day with the machine at the cellar hole and couldn't figure out why I was hitting rocks. It turned out the machine thought I was still in GA because I didn't know to change one of the settings.
    XP Deus