Thread: Sad News

Sad News

I know most of you probably don't know John "Marty" Tracy, but he used to be one of the sponsors of this forum. He has helped me out many times over the years. I bought my RNB Lithium Ion battery off of him, plus a new coil for my E-Trac. He graciously donated a brand new Tesoro Silver Umax metal detector for one of our contests here.

Yesterday his wife and mother-in-law were killed in a car wreck. I can't even imagine what he is going through. So sad. They have four children. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts.

https://jmtmetaldetectors.com/

Name:  JMT.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  88.0 KB

PHILO —Two women from Robinson have died from injuries they sustained in a single-vehicle crash Tuesday afternoon south of Philo.
    Illinois State Police at Pesotum said the women, ages 78 and 55, were passengers in a Ford Edge that left the road and hit a tree about 12:25 p.m.
    The 81-year-old male driver, also from Robinson, sustained a non-life-threatening injury. He was wearing a seat belt, as was the 78-year-old woman in the front passenger seat.
    Police and firefighters shut the highway down for more than an hour while they rescued the trio from the sport utility vehicle and investigated the crash.
    Police said the SUV was headed north on Illinois 130 about 3 miles south of Philo when it left the road to the west, entered the ditch and hit a tree.
    Police are still investigating what caused the crash.
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Sad news indeed Tony. Thanks for letting us know.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Oh ! my gosh , My thoughts and prayers will be for John and his family .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I was new to the forum in 2017, so I do not know him. However, I am very sorry to hear this news and offer prayers for him and his family.
    -------------------
    Oldest coin: Roman Silver Denarius (Titus) 79-81 AD / Oldest US coin: 1786-1788 NJ Copper (x4)
    Best relics: Medieval lead seal matrix (1200s) / 1789 George Washington Inaugural Button (x2)
    Deus II / Equinox 900 - Personal website: www.Detectorist.com

The name didn't ring a bell until I saw the picture. I remember him now.

Prayers for him and his children and all affected.
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Oh no. Poor John. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

that is really sad. prayers are out to him and his family.

How devastating , that poor family .Thoughts and prayers sent .

Very sorry to hear this my prayers and thoughts go out to him and family

Is there an address to send cards?
    Deus Autem Lutum

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / EQ 800

The real treasure is in the marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dirt View Post
    Is there an address to send cards?
    Here is his address:

John M. Tracy
    7848 E. Wildwood Lane
    Robinson, Illinois 62454

Heartbreaking.

"I just want to say to all of you that I will be shutting down my business in the near future. I lost my love of my life, my best friend, my wife and mother of my children on the 26th of December 2017 and also my mother in law who was just a great loving person. My number one priority will now be my two 11 year old kids. I will be working through things a day at a time and sometimes probably an hour at a time. Words cannot begin to describe how I feel and the loss my kids must feel losing their mother and grandmother at the same time. I don't plan on leaving the hobby but things must change. I may remain on Facebook for the hobby but with a different Facebook name. I will just have to see where things lead me now. Thanks for participating in the past and best wishes...John "Marty" Tracy"