Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from Central Virginia

Welcome to American Detectorists! I would find really old cap guns to be very interesting. Please post some photos when you have a chance.
    XP Deus

Welcome from Philadelphia, I understand your love for the cap guns and toys, I too display them even the broken gun pieces and broken toy cars, every year I look at the incomplete ones and think well time to clear these out and make room but I always talk myself out it. Look forward to seeing your collection.

Welcome from western MA. Yes we are frozen in.....Cast iron cap guns, only found 1 so far but I do have a nice collection of cast iron toys, love them. Looking forward to your future finds.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Hi My Fellow TH'ers
    Glad that you decided to join us here! I look forward to seeing some of your finds!
    Best of luck to all in 2018! ;-)
    Dave
    Dave
    'Digger-Dave'
    THing4CSA
    PS: Remember; Don't leave it in the ground!

Oldest US Copper coin: 1798 Large Cent
    Oldest US Silver Coin: 1835 Bust Half Dime
    Oldest US Gold Coin: 1854 One Dollar, Type I
    Oldest Coin: Dateless Roman copper about the size of a US Half Dollar
    Best Relic find: US Civil War Belt Buckles (2)

Camp Breathedsville what part of central va are you in? Im in Chesterfield and my farm is in Rice..

Quote Originally Posted by roguepra View Post
    Camp Breathedsville what part of central va are you in? Im in Chesterfield and my farm is in Rice..
    Greetings. I live about 100 miles to the north west of Chesterfield ..in the north western part of Albemarle County.

Quote Originally Posted by THing4CSA View Post
    Hi My Fellow TH'ers
    Glad that you decided to join us here! I look forward to seeing some of your finds!
    Best of luck to all in 2018! ;-)
    Dave
    Thanks Dave! I haven't even been out yet this year, and didn't get out but a few times last year. Hoping to change all that just as soon as the weather warms up a bit. I don't do well physically in cold weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie B View Post
    Welcome to American Detectorists! I would find really old cap guns to be very interesting. Please post some photos when you have a chance.

Thank you Donnie .. I will try to get some photos of them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
    Welcome from western MA. Yes we are frozen in.....Cast iron cap guns, only found 1 so far but I do have a nice collection of cast iron toys, love them. Looking forward to your future finds.
    Thanks! We will have to compare notes at some point. I love old cast iron banks, too. Here is one I found in a silt pocket while hunting along a river back in 2011
    Attached Images Attached Images