Thread: CTX for diving?

CTX for diving?

Just looking for opinions here. I've been looking into getting recertified for diving and was looking into the underwater machines. But i also ran across some articles and youtube videos of folks using their CTX for diving with some extra water proofing measures like an upgraded battery o-ring and usb port sealing. Typically the videos show no problems to 40 feet and even saw one used in excess of 70 feet. But I personally don't expect more than about 20 foot depths since the plan was to detect mostly swimming area past wader depth nobody else around my area can get to. Also hope to hit local rivers where the swim schools were in the late 1800s, and abandoned jetties and piers, some of which date back to the early 1800s.
    Thanks in advance!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Quick update: bought the wetsuit and gloves today. I can easily use the top and water tight gloves along with my waders, and all put together I'm ready for even arctic conditions. Spent a couple hours talking with the dive shop owner getting updated on equipment that changed since I used to dive in the 80s. (A LOT!) Also got some great info about some of the local diving finds, and how plentiful targets are since there is so little hunting pressure and so many places to go. Starting to get excited about the idea. The down side is the sticker shock of having to buy the equipment again. Looking at between $2-5k!! That doesn't even include the cost to recertify, go for the advance and specialty certs, and getting the minimum 100 dives to qualify for the advancement. Solo diving? Add another $2k in equipment. Ouch!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America