Thread: Minelab Guy Now

Minelab Guy Now

I didn't want to commandeer Cooper's thread any more than I already have so I've started another Equinox thread. I opened and assembled mine last night! No hunts as yet and 6in of snow coming tomorrow night

Jeff, To answer your question...I do whatever I want (as long as it's what Mrs OSD also wants)! I started getting sick, then a few hrs later received the Equinox. I've been in bed all day. So no hunt reports coming from me.

Dan, Last night I swung it in the house and driveway and my first impressions are that the handle is more round than the T2. This seems to inhibit proper swing technique. I noticed the front heaviness and round handle promote "pendulum" swings. I just have to watch out for that.
    I was surprised at the size of the processor unit, main part. It looks more like the 3030 than the Deus when you first see it. Don't get me wrong, it's smaller than my Samsung s8+ but it IS fatter.
    Also, this detector is really more intuitive than I suspected. Much of my experiences carried over.
    I have two test bed targets. A 6in clad dime and a 10in clad quarter. I have no idea why I chose those depths and targets 7 yrs ago. Out of the box, default sensitivity etc nailed them both.

Tony, the tones don't seem as foreign as I thought, but I need some time to play with it.
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 02-16-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Happy that you got yours sorry to hear your feeling bad
    Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MX Sport

Thanks, cooper! Are you able to hunt in Ohio now?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Thanks, cooper! Are you able to hunt in Ohio now?
    Yes but it's a mud hole
    Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MX Sport