Thread: Short hunt and I touched the Equinox 800!

Short hunt and I touched the Equinox 800!

I met up with ScottyB last night for a quick hunt at a house he lined up that was built in 1868 or so. SE Michigan had about 2-3 inches of rain recently that melted all of the snow we had.

This site is a tough one with all of the iron in the ground but if the Equinox can do what Minelab says it can do then this is a perfect place to run it through its paces. Scotty can go back any time so he should hone his Equinox skills there. I have yet to receive my new machine but Scott brought his. I only swung it for 5 minutes but I think I will very much enjoy it. It is just as light as the deus but the tones are all clear...almost like a keyboard. I dug a couple targets with it and found a wheatie.

I did manage a few keepers. 5 Wheaties, 1932 Canadian penny, and a VERY nice 1917 D mercury. In this condition it might be worth a little bit.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  80.4 KB
    Name:  FullSizeRender (2).jpg
Views: 135
Size:  54.3 KB
    Name:  FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views: 130
Size:  57.6 KB

Thanks for the invite Scott and hope you find that bucklist barber there!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Nice job with the Merc.

Great finds and yes that merc is a stunner! Might even be worth getting graded and slabbed (maybe). Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

We had a good time, and I was covered with mud when I finally left. I actually put the Nox in my kitchen sink and sprayed all the mud off the control box. My Aunt owns the house so we can hunt there any time we like. I mainly found junk, but did pull a pretty nice, very old buckle. The Nox is a big learning curve for me, but I'm working on it. Jared found the good stuff, as usual
    Last edited by ScottyB; 02-23-2018 at 04:37 PM.
    Equinox 800

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    We had a good time, and I was covered with mud when I finally left. I actually put the Nox in my kitchen sink and sprayed all the mud off the control box. My Aunt owns the house so we can hunt there any time we like. I mainly found junk, but did pull a pretty nice, very old buckle. The Nox is a big learning curve for me, but I'm working on it. Jarrod found the good stuff, as usual
    Hey ScootyB! You totally Mispeled my naim...Jared
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Nice early season hunt Jared! The Merc looks something in the XF 40-45 range, which should fetch $40-50 on ebay. If you took it to a dealer you'd expect to get about 1/2 that much. Congrats!

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

That 1917 Merc one of the nicest coin iv seen come out of the ground congrats
    Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MX Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    We had a good time, and I was covered with mud when I finally left. I actually put the Nox in my kitchen sink and sprayed all the mud off the control box. My Aunt owns the house so we can hunt there any time we like. I mainly found junk, but did pull a pretty nice, very old buckle. The Nox is a big learning curve for me, but I'm working on it. Jared found the good stuff, as usual
    I too, was out there in SE Michigan detecting. You aren’t kidding about the mud. I was testing out the Teknetics G2 I’d bought in December, I have an Etrac and a Blisstool V6 also. I know it’s seems goofy to have 3 different setups, but they all have their specific use. I’m holding off on the Equinox for a while so that if there are any “bugs”, they hopefully get them worked out before I decide to plunk the money down for one and then I honestly, I’d say I’m done purchasing any new detectors.... that is... until the next “greatest” one pops up. Congratulations on the great finds by the way!

Gdzag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That merc is a beauty. The 1917D is a money coin. Congrats....
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album