Thread: My new toy...

My new toy...

Well my new Equinox 800 arrived yesterday. I am excited to learn what it can do. Since I am a huge fan of the Sunray in line probes I bought a clip for my Carrot pinpointer to mount onto the shaft of this machine. I think it will be easier than sticking it into the holster on my belt.

Name:  IMG_0344.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  97.7 KB

For those of you who are interested in how I got it this is how it happened for me...

I preordered it through Kellyco on Jan 9th. I asked Kellyco where I stood in line but received no response. I was ok with that and figured I was at least #150 if not #200. After lurking on other forums I realized that Minelab was hardly shipping any of the 600's or 800's but Cabela's was able to fill orders and people were getting them in a week or less after they ordered them. I was thinking that I was not going to receive mine until May at this rate. On Feb 20th I just so happened to check out the Cabela's site and they had EQ800's listed on it for sale. So I chatted with Cabela's and asked if I ordered one would I receive it in a week and they checked with the manufacturer (since it ships direct from them) and told me that they have them in stock so yes I would receive it in a week. So I ordered it from Cabela's and cancelled the Kellyco order. 2 days later I got an email stating that unfortunately I was put on the back order list and would receive one by end of March. I was bummed but another 4-5 weeks was not going to kill me. I started hearing on other forums that dealers (other than Cabela's) were starting get some more shipments in. Then on Tuesday I decided to see if any were on eBay and sure enough a dealer had 2 EQ800's for sale at the normal price with free shipping! So I bought one immediately. Right place at the right time! Both of those detectors were sold in less than 5 minutes. After I purchased mine I went back to the offer page and both were sold. I cancelled the Cabela's order.

So there is my story. I know some of you are still waiting to get one of these and I hope it happens soon. I think Minelab has read/heard of the complaints out there (and if you are a part of or lurk on other forums or FB groups you know that there are lots of complaining going on!) about this roll out and so they are now trying to get machines out to the dealers asap so they can ship to those who ordered back in 2017.
    Last edited by Bucknut; 03-09-2018 at 11:19 AM.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Awesome idea mounting the pin pointer to the shaft. Also, don't forget to tape a silver quarter to the coil for good luck! That's how Don finds all them barber quarters
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Congrats on your new Nox! I just ordered one of those clips off eBay - $5.39 +free shipping.
    Last edited by ScottyB; 03-09-2018 at 11:45 AM. Reason: added text
    Equinox 800

Congrats!! I'm looking forward to learning the ins and outs of this machine with you guys!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

I just carry my pin pointer and my loesch in my other hand. Always ready
    Deus Autem Lutum

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / EQ 800

The real treasure is in the marketing

I ordered mine back in September. Made full payment in November. And got my tracking number yesterday... it should be here Monday. Only seven months. But I guess it's only been out for a month really. It just feels like it's been a year. .....
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime