Thread: First Video- CTX Gold Coin VDI test

First Video- CTX Gold Coin VDI test

Hi all,
    Finally got my video posted. Took me a while to no only figure out what editor to use cheaply with most of the features I needed, and then guess how to use it. It's not perfect, so please don't beat me up too bad! lol Still need to make some fine changes to the intro, and the test video itself was done in the 20 or so minutes between when I get up and the time i have to leave for work. Believe me, the coffee didn't even start to kick in yet! Hope you enjoy the show!

https://youtu.be/9fCecrebvSI
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Guess I should mention, the video was shot using a go pro hero 4. All the editing was done on my phone, including assembling the intro. P( Samsung Note 8). Background music in the intro is One by Apocopolyptica. Giving credit where credit is due.

As a side note, I just purchased a JVC Everio GZ-R550 video camera for recording hunts. Waterproof to 16 feet and has a 5 hour battery run time. Should be a lot easier to hold than a tiny go pro, and can record all day. Plus no more losing audio due to the plastic case. I always hated the idea of losing either protection from the elements or losing audio.
    Last edited by Digger_O'Dell; 03-26-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    Equipment:

Interesting video but the display is poorly visible. You should place the camera at a different angle.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdigger View Post
    Interesting video but the display is poorly visible. You should place the camera at a different angle.
    Thanks for the feedback! I did the best I could with what I had. That little go pro doesn't have the capability to shoot proper video in an application like that. Had to get maybe 3 inches from the screen to see it at all, and I was out of mounting options.
    The future videos I expect will be much better. Just got my new camcorder yesterday-a JVC Everio R550. Thinking to reshoot this testing at a later date, when I have more time. Unfortunately I no longer have the $1 gold piece to test with. But be sure to look for for more videos of actual hunts coming up. Also, any thoughts on the intro?
    Equipment: