Thread: Blowing In The Wind...And Detecting!

Blowing In The Wind...And Detecting!

Again the weather here in Ohio has been chaotic, a day of warmth, then rain next snowstorm and tornadoes! And the wind at times has been incredible, on a couple of warmer days we had constant 30-40 mph winds with gusts over 50 mph! Well if you want to detect you go and hope you don’t get blown away. We did a long trek, approximately a mile and a half through almost knee high corn stubble…well don’t let anyone tell you that detecting is not a contact sport! Caught my foot on a tough bit of stubble and down I went and did a face plant, broke my glasses and cut my cheek….but I carried on anyway. The site was on the 1870’s map and we found it right where I thought it would be….and nothing but junk…and more junk…one thing Diane did find a Cow Tag! We then went to another site and the only find was a sad iron that I carried out. We then went to an adjacent field and Doug was able to save our honor with a nice 1828 Large Cent! Our next outing was on one of those incredible windy days where we went back to the 1820’s field where we have done very well again we were not disappointed although the targets are getting fewer, I got an N/D Large Cent and Diane got a Conestoga bell. On the way out she found her first Native American Artifact a nice large Flake Knife. The next day was her birthday and what does a Dayton Digger do on her birthday? She goes out digging! We decided to do a couple of fields that we haven’t detected for some times, first was a bust, the second which we call the iron field lived up to it’s name but Diane did find a green disc, the size of a KG Half Cent but really wiped…we and others have not been able to give it an ID as of yet. The third field gave up a very nice 1865 Indian Head to my Deus. Hoping weather changes for the better but soon the fields will be planted and the season over.

https://youtu.be/O61Wdk0z7qE
    Attached Images Attached Images            
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Great job Tony and Diane! You guys always do well in those fields.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

You and Diane have survived the elements. Some nice finds as usual....
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Great variety of old coins and relics, Tony and Diane! The "Mystery Coin" is obviously a 1793 Chain cent!

I love the bell, the 1865 Indian Head as well as the flake knife! Good eye, Diane!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Wow hope you didn’t tear yourself up to bad that’s some cool stuff you pulled out of the ground
    Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MX Sport

Finds all around! Happy birthday to Diane!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew