Thread: New machine arrived!

New machine arrived!

Hi all,
    Well, it finally arrived, and I'm the happy New owner of Minelab GPX 4800! Got a great deal on it used but we'll cared for. Plus, it came with 3 extra coils including a little Sadie, box protector, padded arm cuff, and an extra battery.
    Just so happens I just received a pro swing 45 as well that I was going to use for my CTX and TDI, but it's perfect for the GPX as well and better than the included harness. Dying to give it a go, but have so much to do before leaving on Friday...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Digger_O'Dell; 04-28-2018 at 05:49 PM.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

My gosh, those aren't cheap! Wish you the best on your journey!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    My gosh, those aren't cheap! Wish you the best on your journey!
    No Drew, they aren't! But I got it for less than half what the seller had invested so I couldn't resist it. Couple bonuses too, the mono coils also work on my TDI, plus the 13x17 coil and lower shaft i just got for the TDI are made for this machine. Another big plus got an invite from the seller to go nugget hunting next year in Arizona!
    As a side note, my panning equipment also arrived, and ordering a portable sluice when I get back from vacation. Should be a fun diversion if it's too hot to swing.
    Equipment:

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Congrats on the new machine Chris. Keep us posted on what you think and how it performs.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Fighter 43 View Post
    Congrats on the new machine Chris. Keep us posted on what you think and how it performs.
    Thanks Jeff! Actually tried it briefly in the yard with the coin and jewelry setting. I can say for certain even with the smaller mono coil it's a real powerhouse! I don't know yet between the TDI and GPX which is going to be the better beast. But, first impressions are that the TDI is just raw detecting power while the GPX is much more refined and seems to have a lot better "feel" to the signals. The TDI will give either a high or low tone depending on the target. It's usually either an overload or full hit until you get to some significant depth. The GPX on the other hand only uses one direction of tones, but seems to limit the overloading to only the most extreme close targets. But the tone intensity is well rounded going across good targets, and if it's discriminated ferrous it gives a little blip on either side of the target and ignores the rest. Hoping to try a coin among a pile of nails so on to see if it hits it like the TDI, or if it just mutes it out with the iron. Also want to do a side by side test using the same coil. Should be interesting!
    Equipment:

Congrats on the new machine Chris , I will certainly find your comparison and individual analysis of the two machines very interesting Just curious at to what area of Arizona was your invite to ?
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks Dan! Yes, I am planning to do a side by side comparison between the 2 machines using the same coil. Probably won't have time before the Florida trip, but might be some good footage to shoot while down there.
    I don't know what area in Arizona he hunts, but he lives near Phoenix and days has a member of a club that has several claims and he can take me as a guest. It's just an idea at this point, and a lot can change in the next year. Who knows, I could also possibly be cellar hunting with you and the Illinois boys which I would love to do.
    Equipment: