Thread: Why so quiet ??

Why so quiet ??

Have you guys stopped the finds of the month ?? I see nothing for this year.

Sadly, I have been lax in my duties for the monthly voting. I has been a combination of not enough finds in each category and not enough time on my part. Mostly the latter. Dan (del) has been too busy with his new job, and my forum time has been very limited as well.

I apologize to everyone for falling behind on this. I will see if I can put together monthly voting for the April finds.
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Sorry about that ..... To be honest its quite a bit of time ( for Tony's or I ) to make up the categories and list each find and their story post links associated with them only to have about 8 to 15 people vote for them . I was very much hoping it was going to become a growing popular staple on this forum with maybe some kind of small reward for the winners . Unfortunately , my new job has taken up a lot of my time and it really didn't seem like many were participating for it to be worth the extra effort.

I would like to go back to it if the membership as a whole would like , lets hear from you . The more of you who respond the better !

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I personally miss it, but also noticed the lack of participation as a whole. Seems to be about a dozen or so core members here who are regularly active. Odd because I often see 30 to 70 views or more on posts, usually with no replies.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

I understand the amount of work that must go in doing this every month and I agree that the participation level is pretty low.
    I personally get more of a kick making it on the banner than competing against other awesome finds.
    Thanks to both of you for the time and effort you put into AD all year!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Don View Post
    I understand the amount of work that must go in doing this every month and I agree that the participation level is pretty low.
    I personally get more of a kick making it on the banner than competing against other awesome finds.
    Thanks to both of you for the time and effort you put into AD all year!!

X2

I enjoy reading about and seeing your finds I’ve learnd a lot on here over the last year and would like to thank every one for the input on my post and making me feel welcome
    Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MX Sport

I agree with the above comments, I enjoy the finds of the month and vote most of the time but sometimes I cant decide which one I like most. it is a small group of participants and to be honest I didnt even realize it was missing until this post and I am on here at least once a day. Was hoping to win one someday though

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Sorry about that ..... To be honest its quite a bit of time ( for Tony's or I ) to make up the categories and list each find and their story post links associated with them only to have about 8 to 15 people vote for them . I was very much hoping it was going to become a growing popular staple on this forum with maybe some kind of small reward for the winners . Unfortunately , my new job has taken up a lot of my time and it really didn't seem like many were participating for it to be worth the extra effort.

I would like to go back to it if the membership as a whole would like , lets hear from you . The more of you who respond the better !

Dan
    I personally would like to extend my thanks to Dan and Tony for their efforts on this forum. I also noted the FOTM not being up but also realizing the amount of effort it takes to do so. I can also understand the thought process...if only a few are voting, is it worth the effort? Seeing that it has been a while since we voted on FOTM maybe give it a couple of months to see if the participation increases, if not, discontinue it.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Its ok with me that there has been no voting for the finds of the month. But I am glad that the banner has been updated regularly. It is always nice to see something that you found up there.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Quote Originally Posted by bucknut View Post
    but i am glad that the banner has been updated regularly. It is always nice to see something that you found up there.
    second that

Third that

Saw the Relic & Coin FOTM was up. Since you guy's went to the effort, I felt it was only right to vote!!

Thanks for all you do!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Sorry guys, I have been lax on this site this year. I truly appreciate all what Tony and Dan do for this site. It is not easy to maintain a forum.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.