Thread: Been a rough detecting year so far

Been a rough detecting year so far

Been a while since I have been on this forum. Here’s the year update: 1 copper (possibly a William and Mary), 2 half reales, a trime, and some nice relics. Was quite busy during the winter and spring. Now, it’s the heat and humidity that is keeping me from getting out that much. Can’t wait for the fall and cooler weather, I’m planning on doing a ton of detecting then. Hope everyone is having a good year!
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

Nice to see you post Jim , please post some pictures of what you listed . I hope to maybe get out this fall with you for a hunt .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

It sounds like you have found some very nice coins so far.
    I hope you are able to get out once this heat breaks!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Hiya, Jim Two half reals and a trime! That ain't bad! I hope the weather turns!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

That would be a fantastic detecting year for me!

We would love to see some photos of those wonderful finds.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I agree with everyone that you have found some great old coins this year. I too would like to see them. I wonder if anyone has posted a trime on this forum this year?
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

I'm in agreement that what you have found so far this year is fantastic. This weather has slowed most of us down this year.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Trime

Here’s a photo of the trime. I’m having some issues uploading photos so I’ll get the rest in a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

Beautiful Trime. I have detected for 24 years and the Trime still eludes me.
    XP Deus

That is an amazingly sharp Trime! Congrats! Banner worthy for sure! It eludes me still as well. Maybe by the this weekend I will get one?
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Yes that's a beauty

Beautiful trime, Ive only dug one and it was the non silver veriety, hoping to see the other pics soon? HH

Reply to Del

Hopefully we can get a hunt in together this fall. It’s been several years since we last hunted together. On another note: do you have any idea why the forum is not letting me upload photos? It keeps on giving some strange error message when I try to upload them from my iPhone. It only let me upload the one trime photo...

[/QUOTE] do you have any idea why the forum is not letting me upload photos? It keeps on giving some strange error message when I try to upload them from my iPhone. It only let me upload the one trime photo...[/QUOTE]
    You need to resize your photos, I got an app from iTunes just a basic converter app and I resize to 50% JPG. Pretty easy app to work with