Thread: Garett carrot won't stop beeping/vibrating

Garett carrot won't stop beeping/vibrating

My wife bought me the carrot a few Christmas's ago as a surprise. Problem was I had just purchased the TRX. So I put it away and a actually forgot all about it until I found it yesterday lol. I tried to program it but no matter what I do as soon as I turn it on it beeps or vibrates continuously and won't stop! It's technically brand new. Had anyone had a similar problem or solution? My first pinpointer was a Garett that fell apart in less than a year. Now this. I'm not impressed by Garett products since I'm now 0 for 2.

This is probably a stupid question, but did you try putting new batteries in it?
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I'm 0-3 with garett's. I had your problem with my first two. I fixed it by putting paper between the battery and the lid. Seemed to work. My new one I got in December just stops working at times. I'm in a hole and I know there is a target and...nothing. I take the battery out and put it back in and it fixes it for a while. I was going to try that discriminating minelab pointer but the disc isnt good enough yet.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

My Garrett carrot is still going strong even with lots of water use. Had to use it in Florida because the TRX was too sensitive to the salty sand. But now my TRX is kind of doing what your Garrett is doing. It only turns on when putting the battery in. Turns off by the switch and wont turn back on again. Seems to be a bad week for pinpointers I guess!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    This is probably a stupid question, but did you try putting new batteries in it?
    Battery is good Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I'm 0-3 with garett's. I had your problem with my first two. I fixed it by putting paper between the battery and the lid. Seemed to work. My new one I got in December just stops working at times. I'm in a hole and I know there is a target and...nothing. I take the battery out and put it back in and it fixes it for a while. I was going to try that discriminating minelab pointer but the disc isnt good enough yet.
    I tried the paper, still beeps non-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE54 View Post
    Battery is good Tony.
    My TRX is acting a little sketchy lately, similar to your situation. I'll send it to Whites in winter for checkup.Its still usable. Thanks for your suggestions guys!

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE54 View Post
    My TRX is acting a little sketchy lately, similar to your situation. I'll send it to Whites in winter for checkup.Its still usable. Thanks for your suggestions guys!
    Fixed my TRX. Found a bit of water inside, suspect button leaking around the edge. Disassembled and dried everything out real good. Tested and worked fine. Removed button and cleaned around the sealing area. Reassembled with silicone around button edge/lip. Good as new!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

I sadly admit that I don't take care of my carrot, but it has done very well. Only issue I have had was replacing the o-ring and that wasn't much of an issue. Is the button stuck? If nothing else, I would contact Garrett to see what to do. I would think (hope) that they would replace it for you if it hasn't been used.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Looking to see if anyone has found an answer to the Garrett pinpointed problem. OXSHOEDREW in the second half of his post, described what my pinpointer is doing to a T. Ghost signal. Works for a few seconds then nothing. Then beeps constantly crazy. I have done the paper add thing in the back. Not doing the trick. Am I just going to have to buy another one? Super frustrating. Batteries are good. Even tried a different brand. No luck. Any good suggestions? I got a feeling I'm just gonna have to buy another.

Contact Garrett, they have very good customer service!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Don View Post
    Contact Garrett, they have very good customer service!!
    Will do!! I'll try this out on Monday. Thanks!!

Mine started doing it when I was river hunting in very high iron. Was using it on/off a few times. Once I replaced the batteries and let it dry out with the cover off, it went back to normal. I have a feeling a little bit of water or condensate formed or something.

I have 3 carrots because I think they are great. I did buy Minelab's pinpointer which is nice too (forgot what is called). I think it is a little loud and I put my thumb over the speaker. don't need people 2 miles away wondering what the signal is.

Just a follow up on this and I posted this elsewhere as well a few months back. I sent in 2 carrots to Garrett and they sent me 2 brand new ones back. One of them I told them to keep it and use it for seeing what happens to your equipment from someone who "digs" with the pinpointer. The other was new and would start to go off when the tip was above horizontal.

The two new ones I got back. 1. I have used most of this summer and have the same above horizontal issue. 2. I will be trying the other one tomorrow to see how it works. At home it doesn't go off above horizontal.