Thread: Almost 1800s coin spill

Almost 1800s coin spill

it was another beautiful Saturday morning and Digger Don and I went to another of our towns to do some door knocking. It’s been getting a little lean in the mid west. But you know we’ve got to get out! Well lucky me I was first on the board. After first pulling a zinc penny at 6-7 inches I was already not “feeling” this yard but I had to give it a shot since Don picked it saying “this is the kind of yard we want.” Second signal was an Indian number at about 8 inches. I was sure it would be junk or a zinc again. That was until I saw a black disc in the hole with a silver rim! After seeing the one dime and going through the is it seated or barber ritual discovered I had an 1899 barber dime, oh yah. After closing the hole swept again and heard the sweet sound of silver clearly! I have no idea why the signal was so weird in the beginning. Anyhow I pulled out the 1900 barber quarter. 😁. Name:  62DF167D-14F1-48D2-BAC5-6E5477356692.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  56.6 KB The rest of the day was kind of slow but you can see I got a few more things. Not exactly like finding what Digger Daddy finds in Germany but it was a fun day.

A 2 barber day is awesome! Been a long time since I had a 1 barber day. Congrats!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Congrats Noah! You could definitely say this coin spill was 19th century! Don called me and was complaining about all your awesome finds. Lol. Just kidding.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

That heel plate is in good condition
    Congrats on the wonderful coins as well!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Pretty good hunt in my book! Still looking for my heel plate. When I do, I sure hope it's as nice as yours!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

That is a great heel plate. The silver and green aint to bad either. Nice hunt.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Barbers and Indians....a beautiful sight! Congrats!
    -------------------
    Oldest coin: Roman Silver Denarius (Titus) 79-81 AD / Oldest US coin: 1786-1788 NJ Copper (x4)
    Best relics: Medieval lead seal matrix (1200s) / 1789 George Washington Inaugural Button (x2)
    Deus II / Equinox 900 - Personal website: www.Detectorist.com

Thanks everyone. I sure love our hobby. Just wish I could break outta the 1800s once in a while. Not complaining though. Barber are awesome ��

Noah, come out our way and your Northeast compadres will make sure you break out of the 1800's. Great hunting and the heel plate is in great shape....
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Thanks. Would love it to meet some of you all and experience the colonial hunt. Even a buckle or button from colonial period would be awesome! I'll have to see if my partner in crime Don is able to make it too. Great to hang out with those who appreciate our history.

Elite Member
    comgrats pn all the nice finds. 2 Barbers in 1 day is indeed a good day. Congrats WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Didn't expect recognition for the heal plate. Thanks!!