Thread: Milco Style!

Milco Style!

Well I pasted this site about 2 1/2 months ago. It totally reminded me of one of the sites Darren (Milco) is usually hunting. I figured I wouldn't be back in the area before they finished the project. So I kinda wrote it off as a missed opportunity.

I drove by it again a few weeks ago and it hadn't been touched! It turns out the gas main was so shallow they hit it when they were removing the old asphalt! I had my gear with me so I pulled over, jumped out, and started swinging. A resident on the street said I was like the 5th person she'd seen hunting the tearout! I said "Really!? Well, let's see what they left me." I only wish I could have hit it before they put down the gravel road base.

2 1/2 hrs. before sundown.

The keepers!

Thanks for lookin & HH!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Looks like the other guys left you some nice keepers. Love those marbles. You managed to score a Barber, IHP, and some wheats....great hunting Tim. Any date on the IH??
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Not bad at all for being #5! That is a pretty barber and nice marbles too. Good job!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

I've found two marbles ever! So you hunt the darker curb stip? I tried that once and the police came and kicked us out
    Congrats, Tim!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice going Tim! Great looking barber dime and IHC. Were you mostly detecting along the edge of the curb strip? Looks like really nice black dirt. Love the marbles! When opportunity knocks you must answer and you answered very well my friend! Thanks for sharing and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Great finds, and great timing Tim! Very funny, because I have not been out much at all this year. One of my best hunts this year happened today, yup, you guessed it, at a street tear out. Good luck if you go back!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Great hunting Tim! Love that barber, it looks to be in great shape. I see the occasional street tearout and usually just skip it because I figure Milco probably already hit it so wont be anything left!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Quote Originally Posted by Bucknut View Post
    Not bad at all for being #5! That is a pretty barber and nice marbles too. Good job!
    Thanks Jared! It's no seated quarter or Vicky half but...I do what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I've found two marbles ever! So you hunt the darker curb stip? I tried that once and the police came and kicked us out
    Congrats, Tim!!
    Thanks Drew!
    Yep. I was just hunting the black topsoil areas along the parkway. It would've been way to hard digging through the gravel road base. Plus who knows how thick the stone is.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Nice going Tim! Great looking barber dime and IHC. Were you mostly detecting along the edge of the curb strip? Looks like really nice black dirt. Love the marbles! When opportunity knocks you must answer and you answered very well my friend! Thanks for sharing and HH, Dave.
    Thanks Dave. Yep. Just hunting the black dirt /topsoil areas of the parkways. I was surprised to see so many marbles!! They are a sweet little bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by milco View Post
    Great finds, and great timing Tim! Very funny, because I have not been out much at all this year. One of my best hunts this year happened today, yup, you guessed it, at a street tear out. Good luck if you go back!
    Lol! This totally reminded me of one of your many street tear outs you've posted over the years! I wish I would've had a chance to hit it the first time I seen it over a month ago. Who knows what those other looters got to first!

Quote Originally Posted by Digger_O'Dell View Post
    Great hunting Tim! Love that barber, it looks to be in great shape. I see the occasional street tearout and usually just skip it because I figure Milco probably already hit it so wont be anything left!
    Thanks Chris! Dont be detured if you see one. Stop and check it out! I was #6 at least to try this one and I found a few keepers. Even Darren can't get it all.
    I was surprised I got anything! But the proof is in the pudding

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
    Looks like the other guys left you some nice keepers. Love those marbles. You managed to score a Barber, IHP, and some wheats....great hunting Tim. Any date on the IH??
    Thanks Al!
    Yeah, they left me a few keepers. I just wish I had got to hunt it before they put down the gravel road base.
    Last edited by Ill Digger; 09-15-2018 at 11:44 PM.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Elite Member
    Great recoveries, congrats on the nice Barber. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Way to go, Tim! That Barber Dime is in wonderful condition! It's a beauty! And look at all of those marbles! WOW! You certainly hit pay dirt at that tearout!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I would like to say hello to the puppy! Great finds for being number five.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.