Thread: Pin Pointer

Lightbulb Pin Pointer

Hello everyone, when I use my pin pointer it makes a lot of noise in my headphones. Do all pin pointers do this.?

Quote Originally Posted by Rsawyers View Post
    Hello everyone, when I use my pin pointer it makes a lot of noise in my headphones. Do all pin pointers do this.?

Welcome to the forum! I don't believe I've ever heard of pinpointers making noise in the headphones before. What kind of pinpointer do you have? Do you have wireless headphones?
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Welcome to the forum! I don't believe I've ever heard of pinpointers making noise in the headphones before. What kind of pinpointer do you have? Do you have wireless headphones?
    Hi Tony, My pin pointer is a Vibra-Probe made by Bermnie. Ive had it a long time and I think I got it when I bought my first Whites detector

My headphones are not wireless

I'm glad you found us!! Welcome to the group!
    By "in your headphones" you mean the detector is sounding off? Most of my detectors play nice with my pinpointers but I do have one set that doesn't. The detector sounds like an engine running in my headphones when my pinpointer is on.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

when Im trying to pinpoint it seems that in causes a lot of static in my headphones. The detector itself works very well and only sounds off when something is dectected

Del might be able to speak more about it as I think he has a Vibra-probe. I've never use one myself. I know the vibra-probe is a pulse induction pinpointer which might have something to do with it. When I'm using my Excalibur II and my Garrett carrot together, the Excal will sound off and carry on while the PP is on. It (Excal) will immediately calms down as soon as you shut it (PP) off. The Excal is a pulse induction machine.

Drew which pinpointer causes issues with your detector? And which detector is it conflicting with?
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    Del might be able to speak more about it as I think he has a Vibra-probe. I've never use one myself. I know the vibra-probe is a pulse induction pinpointer which might have something to do with it. When I'm using my Excalibur II and my Garrett carrot together, the Excal will sound off and carry on while the PP is on. It (Excal) will immediately calms down as soon as you shut it (PP) off. The Excal is a pulse induction machine.

Drew which pinpointer causes issues with your detector? And which detector is it conflicting with?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I'm glad you found us!! Welcome to the group!
    By "in your headphones" you mean the detector is sounding off? Most of my detectors play nice with my pinpointers but I do have one set that doesn't. The detector sounds like an engine running in my headphones when my pinpointer is on.

I also had a Vibra-probe. It did not play well with my Whites Prizm. I had to shut off my detector until my PP shut off which was not by an on/off button but by a certain amount of time.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard. Digger Don had one of those fancy pin pointers. He taped a silver dime to it for good luck but it wouldn't stop beeping for some reason!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Tim, one of my garrett pro-pointers doesnt like my green T2. None of my three pro-pointers have problems with my black T2 or my Nox.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Welcome to the forum Rsawyers as mentioned your vibra probe is a pulse induction type pinpointer an can interfere with you detector . It does with mine , I counter this by pointing the large coil on my detector away and as a little away from my person when I got to dig the plug.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Tim, one of my garrett pro-pointers doesnt like my green T2. None of my three pro-pointers have problems with my black T2 or my Nox.
    That's weird Drew.
    What's that green ones problem!? It just can't get along with anyone huh? Trouble maker.
    Yeah, so far the Nox dont seem to have any interference from my pro-pointer.

Rsawyers, after thinking about it, when your getting this noise in your headphones, how far apart are the pinpointer and the search coil on your main detector? Like Del said, if he moves the main detector away from the target area where he's doing the digging and pinpointing it helps. I've noticed if I get my pinpointer or my search coil too close to my headphones there will be a severe humming or buzzing noise in the headphones.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Thanks for the reply, It does help if I keep the search coil facing away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    That's weird Drew.
    What's that green ones problem!? It just can't get along with anyone huh? Trouble maker.
    Yeah, so far the Nox dont seem to have any interference from my pro-pointer.

Rsawyers, after thinking about it, when your getting this noise in your headphones, how far apart are the pinpointer and the search coil on your main detector? Like Del said, if he moves the main detector away from the target area where he's doing the digging and pinpointing it helps. I've noticed if I get my pinpointer or my search coil too close to my headphones there will be a severe humming or buzzing noise in the headphones.