Thread: Finally got out again

Finally got out again

Had to take some time because the weather wasn’t cooperating when I had the time, went to a permission ive been holding out on till the heat broke, started out walking around in the woods were a house site was located, found this intact Edison bulb, a strap side whiskey bottle, a piece of royal ironstone China and a nice crystal ink well, walked into the field turned on the detector first signal was a soda can at 6 inches! A few feet away another screaming signal 6 inches thought here we go again, but out popped the 1972 half dollar, not even 3 minutes later another high tone at 6 inches this time it was a 1812 small date largie with a beautiful green patina, nice detail I thought this could be the site I was hoping it would be but walked around another hour and dug about 8 more cans all at 6 inches, not another good target I was actually hoping for clad or anything not a can on my way back to the car I got another nice high pitched tone I thoughtt finally got a silver coin, I was close it was a sterling signet ring about 1.5 hours total, I plan to return to this site but I had better hopes especially after hitting the largie on my third hole thanks for looking HH
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Some cool relics and nice finds with the largie and ring! Sounds a lot like a field I hunted. Lots of beer cans probably from kids or hunters, but the occasional 100 plus year old find in the mix.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Those are still very nice finds! You don't often find the Classic Head LCs in that good a shape seeing the softer copper they were made from. Of all my Classic Heads none are that nice.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

That’s the most beautiful large cent I’ve seen dug! Ink well is nice too!

Elite Member
    Great relics and coins. I think I need that date for my set, Just Saying. Thx for posting WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

You have to go back. For only hunting for an hour and a half you got some great stuff. I have several fields that I have gone to repeatedly.....getting the trash out only helps with getting the good stuff.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Nice bunch of finds. The inkwell and bulb are pretty cool. Nice LC! Wonder how old the ring is ?
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."