Thread: Newbie with MXT

Newbie with MXT

Iím new bought this MXT with 2 coils Eclipse 950 and 5.3 does it matter which one to start with Iíve played with both and I can find trash 🤡 or does it matter which would be best for a rookie Thanks

Sorry, I'm not familiar with your machine, but if you want to start finding good coins and relics, Location is the key!!!!
    Look for the older houses and parks.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny
    SILVER COINS

2014-
    2015- 159
    2016- 116
    2017- 136
    2018- 135

Indians 81,Lg Cnt 3,War Nick 2,Shield Nick 2,V Nick 12,Buff 7,Rosie 34,Merc 42,Barber Dime 8,Std Dime 10,Std Qtr 2, Wash Qtr 20,Barber Qtr 3,SLQ 2,Walker 5,Franklin 3,Barber Half 2,Std Half 1, Slvr Ring 11,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos
    Click here to view my album

Iíve located a couple spots where a couple old houses were tore down 25 years ago also thought about hitting the grass area between sidewalk and street in our town

Sounds like you're on the right track. I look forward to your posts and welcome to the group!

Curb strips can be a great place find old coins. The bigger coil will go a bit deeper than the smaller one which can be a good thing. The smaller one is usually best for the trashy areas where you want to find the good stuff in between the trash targets.

Best advice I received when I started was to swing slow and keep your coil low.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Etrac & Equinox 800
    2018 Season Totals:
    Clad: $55.33
    Indians: 32
    Wheaties: 279
    Silver: 81
    Silver Jewelry: 5
    Gold Jewelry: 1
    Favorite 2018 find: 1791 Spanish 1 Real
    & my pile of War of 1812 buttons! Or maybe
    1832 Capped Bust 5 cent?

Hello ss426.

Welcome aboard and to a great hobby ( may be profession?).

To me the MXT is one of the best all purpose turn on and go detectors in the market, even if it has it's years.
    I for mine would start with the std. 950 ish coil and use the small one in trashy areas littered with man made iron.
    Think you'll hit the goodies in very short time and looking forward to your posts about them.

Good Luck & Happy Hunting