Thread: Check those nooks and crannies

Check those nooks and crannies

A reminder to check those nooks and crannies.....especially the crannies....for ticks. I am usually very diligent in checking for ticks when I get back home from detecting. I was out in the woods a couple of weeks ago and I missed one during my post hike tick check. I found it 3 days later. The deer tick was hiding where the "sun don't shine". Let's just say that that tick was having a ball until I found it and ruined its day.

Anyway....If I find a tick dining on me with 36 hours of me being in the woods, I will just remove it. Any longer than that and it is a visit to the doctor for 200 mg of doxycycline. Took some good natured abuse from the doctor for finding the tick where I did, and also got scolded for not being diligent enough in my tick check. He has seen too many cases of stage 4 Lyme disease.

Pay attention to those nooks and crannies.

Jeff
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Thanks for the tip. Also, gives new meaning to you signature quote!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Good advice, I had a tick "down there" and the doctor said it was dead. He said it looked to him like it had been crushed between two massive boulders.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Use Sawyer's in a yellow bottle (not the repellent). You spray it on your clothes, let it dry. When ticks land on your clothing, you can watch them die. It is the same active ingredient as they use for the dogs (for those of us who have dogs). YOU DO NOT PUT ON BODY! I use this when fishing in Canada and I walk a mile in mosquito and tick infested woods (even for me in WI, it is hard to believe the amount of bugs up there). Since using Sawyers about 7 years ago, I have yet to have a tick land on me. It also works great for deer flies etc. Put it on your hat, boots, socks etc.

And no, I do not have any affiliation with the company. It just works that well. My mom was diagnosed with Lyme disease from a tick in her backyard (she didn't use Sawyers). This is no joking matter. Feel free to message me if you want a picture of what the bottle looks like.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.