Thread: Finally got out again.

Finally got out again.

I was able to get out again ,headed to a park I’ve pounded and was amazed to find that they cleared all the underbrush from around some areas I’ve had success in! So I managed to find a few items first was this 1900 Indian that is cut, had a spill of these 1943 and 1944 war nickels that were stacked with a Wheatie at the bottom the 1943 was in the middle & shines like new, a few odds & ends a buckle , some pottery, brass pieces a toasted tootsie car, I did manage this king George the second, it’s still drying off to be cleaned but I’m not expecting much, it rang up like a large cent so I was surprised it was british they usually ring in the mid 70’s and this one was mid 80’s finally is this odd piece it had numbering on the head I’m thinking it’s an old tire pressure gauge because the bottom look similar to modern ones. Didn’t cover all the newly opened areas so now I have a new old spot that’s close! With some luck I may be able to return before the ground freezes, thanks for Looking HH
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Nice looking park! Good assortment of finds. Have you ever found Spanish silver there? Must be a real or two lurking!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Isn't it nice when someone else cleans out a spot for you to detect...... Nice finds and keep on going back.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Nice looking park! Good assortment of finds. Have you ever found Spanish silver there? Must be a real or two lurking!
    Barber, seated but no Spanish ( yet) not for lack of trying