Thread: Betty Weber R.I.P.

Betty Weber R.I.P.

Rest In Peace, Betty Weber (Formerly Betty Sharpe)

This happened back in August but I just found out about it last night and it hit me like a punch in the gut. I was friends with Betty on Facebook, and I started wondering why I hadn't seen a post from her in a while. I noticed that I was no longer listed in my Facebook friends so I searched her name and came across this devastating news.

https://www.news-herald.com/news/ohi...36b4bb391.html

Some of you may have already known about this but the news was slow to reach me since I removed myself from all metal detecting groups on Facebook long ago. Betty was also a member of this forum but she rarely posted. Here is her introductory thread:

Newbie to American Detectorist

She was a very enthusiastic detectorist and was really good at it. She also seemed like such a positive person who was full of life. I debated creating this thread but decided to do it in remembrance of Betty. She was a special advocate for our hobby.

Name:  BETTY WEBER 1.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  34.5 KB
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

WTF Tony? I am shocked. Also, I can't view the link over here in Europe, can you post the text for me?
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

From the December 2018 issue of American Digger magazine:

Name:  BETTY ARTICLE 1.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  105.5 KBName:  BETTY ARTICLE 2.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  125.9 KBName:  BETTY ARTICLE 3.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  99.8 KB

Willoughby Hills deaths ruled murder-suicide

The two bodies found in a Chardon Road home July 31 were the result of a murder-suicide, according to Willoughby Hills police. According to police, 59-year-old Robert M. Weber killed his 51-year-old wife Betty before killing himself.
    Officers at 9:41 p.m. conducted a welfare check at the couple’s 31051 Chardon Road home.

When the officers arrived, there were lights on in the home and all the doors and windows were locked. Through a window they saw a man, later identified as Robert, who appeared to be dead.
    The officers broke glass from the rear sliding door to enter the home. As the officers pulled back the curtain, they found a woman, later identified as Betty, who was obviously dead.
    The Lake County Coroner’s Office and Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation assisted with the investigation.

They hadn't been married but a few years. This is tragic.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Yes, they had been married only a couple of years. Someone posted on Facebook that they had separated and were in the process of getting divorced. She went to the house to retrieve some of her belongings and he killed her.

Metal detecting video featuring Betty:

https://youtu.be/1sxJUOW2a5A

I've never heard of her until she was tragically lost to us, and then some time later. After reading the articles and tributes, and now the video, I think she certainly would have been a person I would have been proud to know and hunt with.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

That are some sad news. Thank you for sharing, Tony.
    Rest in peace, Betty.