Thread: W&ET magazine

W&ET magazine

Just got the March 2019 issue of Western and Eastern Treasures. Looks like it will be the last printed issue. Only online issues in the future. They are supposed to be sending a separate letter with instructions for those who get the printed issues, how to convert to the online magazine.
    I like holding the printed magazine and thumbing through the pages.
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Nice to see a post from you, Dimeman. I hope all is well with you. That is sad news about Western & Eastern Treasures magazine. I'm with you, I prefer a hardcopy that I can hold in my hands.

Alas, that's the way print magazines are headed. The number of financially viable magazines is dwindling steadily, and so many have folded altogether. At least W&E Treasures will still be available online. I guess that's some consolation.
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

that's to bad, I figured they would head that way, just didn't know when.
    Jeff
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

That is very sad news. I read an interesting article about a year ago that was thought provoking. It's a little out there but the gist of it is that from the advent of written language until the present day each generation has left behind some form of record whether it be clay tablets, parchment or paper. "We" are not going to leave any record behind because it will all be digital and in 25 - 50 years when today's machines are obsolete there will be no way to read the text. Kind of like the floppy disks, who has a way to read them now?
    XP Deus

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie B View Post
    That is very sad news. I read an interesting article about a year ago that was thought provoking. It's a little out there but the gist of it is that from the advent of written language until the present day each generation has left behind some form of record whether it be clay tablets, parchment or paper. "We" are not going to leave any record behind because it will all be digital and in 25 - 50 years when today's machines are obsolete there will be no way to read the text. Kind of like the floppy disks, who has a way to read them now?
    That's a great point, Donnie, and it's the same way with photographs. Some of the hardcore photographers still insist on using film because digital photos are destined to be lost or corrupted over time. It's sad to think about.
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    That's a great point, Donnie, and it's the same way with photographs. Some of the hardcore photographers still insist on using film because digital photos are destined to be lost or corrupted over time. It's sad to think about.
    I'm fairly new here so hope I'm not butting in. I couldn't agree more with. Being an avid/rabid history buff of WWII History I love books in hand. But I do believe/hope at sometime this will swing back the other way. The last 10 years before retiring much of my work was recorded on a lap top in my truck. Couldn't tell you how many times the system was down and looking up info on a job such as locations of water services, measurements, etc. I kept many records myself on note cards in my truck and could tell you how many times this written info kept in shoe boxes saved me a lot of headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper Rich View Post
    I'm fairly new here so hope I'm not butting in.
    There's no such thing as "butting in" around here. Everyone's comments are welcome.
    Lifetime totals: