Hi folks,

Hit 3 field sites yesterday with a good friend of mine here in the valley about an hour's drive south. The first two produced only a few finds but enough to keep us going. The last field looked like a dud, then mysteriously turned red hot as we pulled 5 coppers literally in under 30 minutes (I nabbed 3). We ran out of time there as we had to head home so definitely left more coppers in the ground imo. More notable silver finds were the '48 Washington, c. mid-20th century silver Catholic pendant and a thimble with the name Edna on it (likely late 1800s). I assume this was a single woman/widow of the home site as the house site name on the old map had a first initial of E. Have to do some research on that one. The coppers were 2 postive ID KG2s, and a third, nearly Slick Rick which I also believe is a KG2 if you hold it in the light just right. I only got a date on one of the coins (a 1752) but sadly as I gently toothpicked at the dirt the date just flaked away. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

P.S. I'm piling up quite a bit of footage and hope to have my first video of '19 out soon!

John

Name:  Wide shot.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  32.5 KBName:  Washington quarter 1948.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  29.2 KBName:  pendant.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  33.0 KBName:  thimble.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  29.0 KBName:  KG2_1752_comboshot.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  34.8 KBName:  KG2_nodate_greenpatina_combo.jpg