Thread: First time out this year

Threaded View

First time out this year

Had a nice new permission all lined up for my first hunt this year BUT found myself glued to the TV watching Tiger win the masters so didn’t have the time to drive the hour, headed to a spot that doesn’t disappoint. First signal was this infantry coat button, I’ve found 2 coat and 1 cuff in the same location. It’s obv a burn pit but it gives the buttons a nice dark color and preserved the detail, searched that area slow slow slow , managed another coat button and a small brass button with a floral design, back mark is French dates 1820-1880, can only take so long if the constant chatter from the trash pit even though I do manage to squeak out some goodies, moved on and located this small .925 ring, the watch fob I’ve already posted and this small copper piece not sure what it is but it’s old added some pics from around the site of the signage and a few tools because I thought they were cool the sickle blade I almost carried out maybe next time? the stone was actually erected in 1882, the gold neckless was found in the parking area with my eyes but it still counts right? It’s 14k! So on the board for this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images