Thread: A good day to get out

Threaded View

A good day to get out

I hit a cellar hole with Donnie B and Heavymetalnut early before a scheduled club hunt and managed to get my coil over two coppersName:  May coppers.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  61.1 KB and a few buttons. I had a great time at the YTC/ARNE club hunt due to the fact the pressure was off because of the coins found earlier. lots of friends and laughs and the finds were good tooName:  may club hunt group.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  134.5 KB. A big shout out to Jeff calzarette for organizing this hunt at a 1200 acre Boy Scout camp! The area we focused was a newly acquired piece of property that had a standing 1740 era home Name:  May 4 site.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  83.0 KBMy highlights were my first complete wrought iron colonial stirrup , a huge silver plated shoe buckle frame that was found about 10 inches down surrounded by iron nails (Dave helped me pull nails out of the hole , thanks Mr. Wise) , a nice little watch winder Name:  may  watch winder dirty.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  66.0 KB Name:  may winder cherub.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  66.6 KB Name:  may winder.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  56.5 KBand 3rd copper of the day (hat trick) .Name:  may matron dirty.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  40.2 KBAn old 1954 dog license Name:  may 54 dog tag.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  106.7 KBand religious medal Name:  may religious medal.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  82.6 KBand some odds and ends ( silver plated Victorian era spoon a colonial door jamb escutcheon , musket ball an a couple more buttons) Name:  may 4th finds.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  66.1 KB Name:  may 4 finds 2.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  106.8 KB last picture shows the large plated buckle I found on this hunt and an older (smaller) one to shoe difference in size of these buckles in about a 100 years span.Name:  may shoe buckle with comparison .jpg
Views: 646
Size:  110.5 KB

Doug Bowden captured some of this hunt on his youtube video here , Doug is very entertaining to watch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9aFPSNndYc

Dan

Last edited by del; 05-06-2019 at 05:14 AM.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album