Thread: 1830's property

1830's property

Managed to get out today, I really need to start door knocking for new property to hunt. But, today went to a piece of property that was settled in the 1830s and that I've detected over 10 years ago and now I remember why I didn't go back. The property is loaded with iron signals, which made for a difficult time, but I did manage to find a few things including what I think may be a homemade lead sinker (the creek is literally right across the street). At first I thought I found a flying eagle, but once I got it home and cleaned it up a little, it was a 1859 Indian , the only year Indian head pennies didn't have a shield on the back. Nice little find.

Have a good weekend everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

Nice little hunt, Scott! Way to go on the 1859 Indian Head! They don't turn up too often. I think you're right about the homemade sinker too. Is the spoon bowl pewter?
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

yes, the spoon bowl is pewter
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

Nice first year IH Scott!

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

Elite Member
    Great photos, congrats on the fatty and other relics. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes