Thread: 1906 Abandoned House

1906 Abandoned House

Got permission to hunt an abandoned 1906 house. Amazed how few signals there were. Must have been hunted numerous times over the years.
    I did break my silver drought though.
    First hit was what looked like a half dollar, though very crusty and looked like clad.
    Wasn't till I got it home, and after 10 tin foil, baking soda treatments, discovered it was a 1953 D Franklin Half Dollar!
    I hit a Mercury Dime 1919, a 1946 wheatie, and just a handful of 70's lincolns.
    A Palmolive token.
    Assorted other bits and pieces, including a nice square nail.
    ****update I did some more work on the purple car underneath. It's a Tootsietoy Purple 1955 Jaguar D-Type Race Car, USA. ****

First two photos, the Franklin before cleaning.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AussieOkie; 06-26-2019 at 05:28 PM.

You did good! Congrats on the Franklin Half! That is one coin that still eludes me. I have been detecting for 40+ years and still haven't found one. You did a good job of cleaning that one. It was hardly recognizable before.

Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    You did good! Congrats on the Franklin Half! That is one coin that still eludes me. I have been detecting for 40+ years and still haven't found one. You did a good job of cleaning that one. It was hardly recognizable before.

Thanks. 🖒🖒 Yes, it was so encrusted I couldn't tell what it was except for being a half, thought it was clad. I was very excited after about it's 4th dip in the pool to see silver. First Franklin for me as well

Looks like that Franklin might have been in a fire. Nice job on the cleaning!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Don View Post
    Looks like that Franklin might have been in a fire. Nice job on the cleaning!
    Thanks 🖒 It may have been, it was hard caked. I was surprised by what it was

Nice job AussieOkie. Good to identify what silver that is.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Elite Member
    Great bunch of finds. Congrats on the Big Silver. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Quote Originally Posted by badgers325 View Post
    Nice job AussieOkie. Good to identify what silver that is.
    Thanks🖒🖒

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin digger View Post
    Great bunch of finds. Congrats on the Big Silver. WD
    Thanks 🖒🖒

That franklin half clean up real nice. Looks like you had a good hunt
    Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MX Sport

Nice finds and nice work on resurrecting the Franklin .Those dog tags look like ones from the San Mateo county of California , they wouldn't happen to be from there , would they ? Welcome to the forum .

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    That franklin half clean up real nice. Looks like you had a good hunt
    It did, wish the weather wasn't so hot...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    Nice finds and nice work on resurrecting the Franklin .Those dog tags look like ones from the San Mateo county of California , they wouldn't happen to be from there , would they ? Welcome to the forum .
    Thanks! No from adjoining county here in TX.