Thread: 7 coins, 30 minutes

7 coins, 30 minutes

Hi everyone,

Got out yesterday for a quick 30 minute hunt at a local permission. I met with the home owner last week to go over the relics I found on their property. Home owner mentioned that back in the 1940s-1970s, they had a fire pit about 150 feet from the front door. It was an area I remember going over very quick and obviously missed this spot. Apparently like fishing, metal detecting right before thunderstorms is a good time as well. Nothing old, but got a 1951 Ben Half dollar! My second Benny and it is the exact same date/mint. Not complaining, just laughing to myself. Happy 4th of July everyone. Be safe!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Nice! Sounds like you need to spend more than 30 minutes there.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

At that particular spot, yes. I have been on their property for about 20 hours. It is 4 acres with a ton of trash and I dig it all except for the obvious square nail. The whole front of their property has iron all over. It was like they shot nails with their slingshots back in the day for fun and did it for 15 years.

I will obviously be going back with small, medium and large coils going all directions at that spot to get it all.

Elite Member
    Congrats on the great finds. My 1st 2 Ben Franklins were the same date and mintmark as well. Definitely weird. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Nice use of the local knowledge. I'm still waiting to dig a Franklin. I don't think Tony has dug one either, which is actually mind-blowing. Congrats on such a productive short hunt!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Wow - really nice Franklin Half! I've got plenty in my coin collection but have yet to dig one of those.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

OxShoe - It is mind blowing that you and Tony haven't found one yet. Same with you BTV Digger. Well, I can say I haven't found a large cent yet, but that is still on my bucket list for this Wisconsin boy.

Like your videos on You Tube BTV. Great job on those.