Thread: More silver and an elephant from the park.

More silver and an elephant from the park.

Attachment 66772Attachment 66773I had about 2 hours before the thunderstorms chased me out but I found a few keepers at the old park. The aluminum political squeeze pin was made by the Green Duck button company of Chicago but I was unable to find the year it was made. The company was in business from 1906-1962. The 1981 British 1/2 new penny is a first for me, I didn’t even know they existed. They were minted 1971-1981 and then discontinued. The 1912 Barber dime is in real good shape and the well-worn 1898 was in the same area I found most of the silver coins in this park, which is only 3 acres. Still stuff there!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Wow, Mike...two Barber dimes in one hunt! They weren't a coin spill? I can't open the attachment, I'll try again later. Nice job!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice work! Two Barbers and I didn't know the half penny existed either!
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Wow, Mike...two Barber dimes in one hunt! They weren't a coin spill? I can't open the attachment, I'll try again later. Nice job!
    The attachments were just my original attempt to post the photos for this post, Drew, I deleted them. The barbers were on opposite sides of the park and both were the worst signals ever around 6” deep. I’ll give it another shot later this week after the rain.
    Last edited by MIKE54; 07-23-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Someday you guys will have to show me how it's done, finding silver in a freakin park!!