Thread: Mercury Rising

Mercury Rising

I got out with Digger Don and Noah yesterday for some door knocking. We went to a town that has a lot of history. Very friendly people in this town, we got a lot of yeses.

I had a decent day and so did Don, but Tim (Noah) had a ridiculous day! I can't wait to see his post.

Anyway, here are the coins I found:

2 Indian Heads 1899, 1907
    1 V Nickel date illegible
    1 Barber Dime 1907
    5 Mercury Dimes 1920-D, 1927, 1936, 1941, 1940-S

Before cleaning and after:

Name:  KEEPERS DIRTY.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  141.4 KB
    Name:  KEEPERS CLEAN.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  129.8 KB

Relics included two copper or brass rings, an aluminum token for 100 Chevrolier Bucks, a dog license from 1928, a parasol slider, and a play dime.
    Name:  RELICS.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  123.7 KB

All three of us fell in love with this town and we plan on going back. It was a fun day, especially for Tim!

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

If your finds pale in comparison to Tims then I can't wait to see his post either. You had a great day lots of silver had to make the drive back satisfying! Congrats!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

You had a great day Tony. Six Silvers .
    I wasn't sure if your title was referring to the amount of mercs you dug or the insane heat yesterday!
    I can't wait to get back there after some heavy rain. That, my friend will be a fun day!!!
    Congrats on all the great finds and not letting the heat get to you.
    oh yeah, when Noah posts his photos sideways, leave them that way
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Don View Post
    I wasn't sure if your title was referring to the amount of mercs you dug or the insane heat yesterday!

Both! Name:  coolinoff.gif
Views: 139
Size:  9.6 KB
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Great finds Tony! That 1936 Mercury dime looks AU. Is that yard where you got the poison ivy? Glad you had a great day detecting.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Is that yard where you got the poison ivy?
    No, I got poison ivy at the old drive-in last weekend. Moose got it really bad too!
    Lifetime totals:

Nice going Tony you had one heck of a great day!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

At least my pictures are not sideways this time LOL! Great job Tony.

You guys must have been digging holes all day, non-stop. So many good sounding targets.
    How do you guys make sure the grass doesn't die on hot days....do you put some water in holes?
    Great job, Tony!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    How do you guys make sure the grass doesn't die on hot days....do you put some water in holes?

Although it has been hot we have been getting an incredible amount of rain here in Illinois. So much that farmers have had to plant their fields 2-3 times due to flooding. It rained pretty much all day on Monday (yesterday) after our hunt.
    Lifetime totals:

Elite Member
    I think all you guys beat my silver count for July in 1 hunt. Great finds by all. Congrats WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Great finds and thanks for sharing.

Don - don't make fun of people that send pictures in sideways. Some of us are just plain horrible at photography and editing.

Tony - sorry about the poison ivy. Luckily I have not had the experience...
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Great day Tony! You’re lucky, people aren’t so friendly in Ct, too many pretty lawns.