Donnie B coaxed me out of my usual summer hibernation last Saturday to hit some sites he's been searching , huge nice colonials that have tons of swinging room which is unusual this time of year . We only stayed for about 5 to 6 hours due to a thunderstorm , lightning and rain . We got soaked but had a good time til then and while I didn't get my coil over any coppers I did get a 1869 shield nickel an early shoe buckle frame that I believe to be in the neighborhood of 1710 to 1720 Name:  July 27th shoe buckle .jpg
Views: 293
Size:  38.5 KB from its size , frame style and lack of any real curvature . I also got my very first "saloon" token Name:  charnley token dirty C.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  136.1 KBName:  charnley token dirty anchor.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  99.3 KB It also cleaned up pretty well considering
Name:  charnley token partially cleaned.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  81.7 KBName:  charnley token cleaned .jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  133.5 KBIt turns out to be a "Charnley token" …...…….
Joseph G. Charnley set up at No. 11 Orange Street (the address shown on the later Civil War token) in 1856. His trade was initially listed as a billiard saloon and later as an oyster and refreshment saloon. [Directory listings were inconsistent over a period of time, and the same businesses were often reclassified.] At No. 11 Orange Street the business he founded was to remain for about 20 years. 1859: Joseph Charnley's 29-year-old son William Henry Charnley joined the business (and was to remain until about 1876). 1862: Joseph G. Charnley died. The business was continued by William H. Charnley until circa 1876...

Donnie pointed out the 1863 date so it can also classify as a "Civil war" era token

other than that the 1922 dog tag was cool to find Name:  jully 27th dog tag.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  67.0 KB and the deer skull Name:  July 27th  skull.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  82.7 KB

Dan