Thread: 2 silver rings and lots of clad

2 silver rings and lots of clad

I haven't hunted much for quite awhile .Yesterday I hit a sportsfield
    that is getting a new sprinkler system and eventually a new lawn .This place has been pounded for ages previous to this new development .Fences and locks are now in place but my smooth talking Brother in law got us permission to hunt it . The foreman made only one demand , that if we should find a cache of gold we split it, that works for us . This field is from the fifties or a little older and I'm sure at one time it was home to silver coinage but I am sure it has been pounded heavily over the years .The only silver era coins I found were a crusty 1944 wheat and a 1957 Canadian penny . My clad haul was pretty good at $10.92 and I picked up several other items . We have permission to go back maybe we might be lucky enough to find a silver coin or two .Also pictured is a heavily oxidized Ike Dollar I found in a wood chips tot lot last week it was about 5" deep and very close to the metal base of a piece of playground. This is the second Ike dollar I have found over the years . Thanks for looking and good hunting .
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Nice rings! Don't see many Ikes dug.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

I've yet to find one of those dollars, George. Looks like you got an old plum bob too. Very pretty rings! Congrats!!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I've yet to find one of those dollars, George. Looks like you got an old plum bob too. Very pretty rings! Congrats!!!
    Thanks , Bucknut and Drew . Yes , those big Ike's don't pop up very often at all . I've lost count of all the smaller Sacs , Susie B's and now the Presidential series dollars I have found .Back when the nearby Post office used to have their coin operated machines finding the Susie B's was fairly common as they gave them out as change .

The object on the top right is actually a 4oz. Pyramid fishing sinker but it would definitely be usable as a plumb bob . I've found a few fishing sinkers of different shapes and sizes in sports fields and vacant lots . I guess back in the day folks practiced their casting there .

The rings really sweetened up the hunt and they get prettier the more I look at them .

Thanks for looking and Great hunting all .