Thread: Been a while...

Been a while...

Hi all,
    Been quite a while since I've posted, mostly due to the fact I haven't found anything. Seems like work and the weather mostly were against me getting out much this year.

But on Sunday I went to a small town about an hour away with my Mustang club for a morning Cars and Coffee event. As I've been there before I knew to bring my equipment along to get some swinging time in afterwards if possible. Sure enough, weather was perfect! Went to the park I had nabbed a bunch of old coins at in the hopes I might find some more. First fifteen minutes, nothing but memorials. But then I spied a street that had been torn up and ran over there.

The street was really dug out, maybe 3 feet past the original street level. Nothing to be found there. Then I hit the sidewalk tearout without finding much until I ran across someone else detecting. We chatted and I got the lowdown on where hes been, and I worked a different area. Signals were sparse, but I did nab a couple nice 1800s IHs and an old number tag. First IHs for me this year-finally!

Name:  20190903_084834.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  76.8 KB

By the way, this particular cars and coffee is the biggest annual event in my region with cars from all over the midwest. All kind of antique through exotics there. I was lucky enough to see a bunch of McLarens, Ferraris, Lambos, Audi R8, and even a couple GTRs. All in all, an awesome day! That's my Orange Mustang parked next to a McLaren and a Lamborghini Hurrican.
    Name:  FB_IMG_1567519919462.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  52.9 KB
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Congrats on the 1800's Indians...always nice to break into the 1800's. Those are some seet rides too!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

I love the green patina on that 1884 Indian Head. Too bad somebody else beat you to the sidewalk tear out but at least you got some keepers.

Lots of $$$ in that car photo!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I love to find IHP’s and it’s always a surprise when it’s not a wheatie.

Elite Member
    Nice job multi tasking on your trip. Congrats on the recoveries. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Congrats on the sweet looking Indians . I guess my 2014 Mazda 5 would look a bit out of place there. That's a cool machine you have there .One thing though , it detracts from your metal detecting nerdiness status .

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    Congrats on the sweet looking Indians . I guess my 2014 Mazda 5 would look a bit out of place there. That's a cool machine you have there .One thing though , it detracts from your metal detecting nerdiness status .
    Yeah, I guess it might detract a bit, but I'll take the risk! Hoping to get the Mustang on the track (road course) next week and see how it does wide open. I'll post pics if I can. But no detecting gear on that trip!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

"...mostly due to the fact I haven't found anything. "
    That's a good looking tag...AND Mustang!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

That Mustang does not look out of place next to a couple of $200,000 + high performance sport cars. Good work on sniffing out the IHPs.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."