Thread: What was that doing here

Threaded View

Elite Member

What was that doing here

Back to the Park I have been hitting the last couple of weeks and it turned out great. Signals are much less but with all the nails and iron there are still plenty of hidden ones. I had already found a Merc and Washington when I dug another Merc. I worked around the signal a bit when I got back to the original plug. Almost out of the blue I got a really strong high signal right next to where I dug the Merc. I was convinced I had another silver but the coin ended up being deeper. When I picked it up I thought I had a token or a bigger British penny. Nope it was a 1829 Large cent. Also, figured out why the signal seemed to come from no where, there was a big chunk of rusty crud on the surface of the coin. great surprise and the large cent is in great shape. Love surprises. Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes