Thread: Gold fever and other goodies!

Gold fever and other goodies!

Its been a very slow time for me with the silver coins. But I am still finding some cool things. In the first pic there are a few old indians and a few old nickels including an 1882 Shield Nik. Marble #345. The pendant states "32nd National Encampment G.A.R. 1898. Our Heroes Cin. O."

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  143.5 KB

Even though the silver coins have eluded me lately I still found 4 silver rings, all in various parks I hunt. One is a claddagh type but it looks a bit different than the types I normally see. If it is one then it is my first.

Name:  FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views: 317
Size:  136.7 KB

Last week I visited a park and dug what I thought was a nickel but turned out to be a 14k ladies wedding band! I was happy to see gold again! A couple days later I decided to go to a local beach area and the 3rd hole was a 10k men gold nugget style ring with (I am assuming) 2 diamonds and 1 ruby! Been back a few times and only found crap but the fever is real and I am thinking I need to get a sand scoop so I can venture deeper in the water.

Name:  gold in sand.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  95.7 KB
    Name:  gold.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  130.6 KB

Thanks for looking! Jared
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Great hunting Jared! Love those gold rings, and the Grand Army of the Republic find is pretty unique. Nice collection of silver rings too. Well done!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Absolutely awesome finds. I really like the Grand Army of the Republic medallion.
    XP Deus

Wow ! All great stuff ! You're really killing it on sweet rings ! Congrats !

Wow, you're doing really well in the ring department! They are all lovely designs too.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

So many wonderful finds! I love the Shield Nickel and the GAR medallion.

And wow, you are killing it on the rings! That one is definitely a claddagh but I've never seen one exactly like it. Nice!

And two gold rings as well! That nugget ring is beefy! Incredible finds!

Good job, Jared!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Elite Member
    Wow, I'd trade a day of some silver for a bunch of coins and relics like that. Great recoveries. Congrats WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Dang!! Getting gold fever just looking at your finds. Been wanting to get into the water hunts too. But it's going to require relearning what I know, and getting different equipment. Not ready for that. Nice nickels too!

HOLY COW!!! Jared...great finds!! I guess they played a lot more marbles out in the mid west than in New England. Amazing!!! Keep it up!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    HOLY COW!!! Jared...great finds!! I guess they played a lot more marbles out in the mid west than in New England. Amazing!!! Keep it up!
    Thanks Drew. That marble count is not correct. I think I am approaching 50 though over the past 8 years. Anyways here is a close up of the GAR medallion you asked for...

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  79.8 KB
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Nice finds looks like your tearing it up
    Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MX Sport

No wonder I can’t find anything!

Amazing finds!
    XP Deus