Thread: Little buttons

Little buttons

Hiked to one of my favorite spots. Just a very small colonial homestead. No stone foundation, just a slight indent in the ground where they built their tiny log cabin. Nothing spectacular found at this site, just a nice little place where I can detect in peace.

I used my "Cuff Button Killer" program. Found most of the buttons right around the indent in the ground.

The dime is just for size reference. I found a few nonferrous targets that were smaller than a BB. When they are that small, even when you have the target out of the hole it sometimes takes forever to recover it. Well, it feels like forever anyway. It was a pleasant hunt and a good way to spend a couple of hours in the woods on a beautiful morning.

Jeff
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Nice. I love to find buttons!
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!

Looks like you were digging every signal too. Every now and then an iron signal turns out to be something good. Nice bunch of cuff buttons. I bet the peace and quiet was the best find of the day! Happy digging, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Still a lot of targets around that site. You never know when something wonderful and unexpected is going to pop up. Congrats on the old buttons and the two hours of peace and quiet.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Wow, Jeff! So many small buttons. Check them to see if they have a Washington bust. Looks like a great hill top flat area with lots of swinging room. Dan tells me those really old sites produce buttons but not a lot of coinage. Nice job!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice buttons are my favorite things to find.
    Best finds GW Button and John Adams Cufflink.
    Trust in the Lord...