Thread: Old coin spill

Threaded View

Elite Member

Old coin spill

Had an interesting hunt at a very old Park that has been pounded pretty well. My original plan was to hunt a parking lot connected to the Park but the grass was really long, probably a good spot next spring when the grass is flat. I ended up in the Park and spent the rest of the day there. Almost immediately getting out of the car I dug what was not a great signal. It had a little depth so I gave it a shot. The first thing I found was a coin ball with a bigger silver rim. I rubbed the dirt off and saw the eagle on back, Barber quarter. Checked the hole and had more signals the first 2 being nails. Pulled out a wheat I was sure would be an Indian and another signal in the hole turned out to be a V nickel. I covered the plug and scanned again and had a nickel signal in the same area, that turned out to be a Buffalo. Best old coin spill I have seen in awhile. Later I found a small area where I found several Wheaties, 2 Buffalos and a Rosie. All in all I hunted almost 4 hours and found all my best finds in about 10 minutes of hunting. Wisconsin Digger
    The V nickel really cleaned up nicely in salt and vinegar.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes