Thread: Digger Al & I Took a Road Trip to Eastern Indiana

Threaded View

Digger Al & I Took a Road Trip to Eastern Indiana

We hit the road about 2:30 AM to arrive at our destination at day break. Our first stop was an 1890 court house. There weren't a lot of good signals, but I did manage a 2 wheat/1 Buff spill.

After that we hit a couple of previously hunted yards. We managed a few silvers and a couple of Indians. After we finished those we had a hard time finding yards with enough lawn to detect, so we decided to look for a farm house out in the country.

We came across an old red brick farm house with the owner working outside of his barn. I stopped to talk to him and got a quick NO because it was hunted several years ago by a friend and he figured we wouldn't find any thing. As we talked a bit I could tell he was a very friendly guy and had knowledge of the hobby. He mentioned a couple of you tubers that he watched. Just before I was going to leave I jokingly said to him its a shame he said no because I could almost guarantee that there Indians still buried in his lawn. He laughed and said go prove it. So we did. My very first plug with him standing next to me I pulled out the first Indian. The next hour and a half we all had fun. He stayed with us the whole time just talking about metal detecting and laughing at me when Alec dug a 3 Indian spill in a spot I just walked thru. Between the two of us we dug 8 Indians, 2 suspender clips, 1 lg. skeleton key and a bunch of wheats. The owner was super cool which made it a very fun hunt!!

I'm having a little trouble uploading photos from my computer, so here's a grouping of our finds!!

Attachment 67237
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos