Thread: Digger Al & I Took a Road Trip to Eastern Indiana

Digger Al & I Took a Road Trip to Eastern Indiana

We hit the road about 2:30 AM to arrive at our destination at day break. Our first stop was an 1890 court house. There weren't a lot of good signals, but I did manage a 2 wheat/1 Buff spill.

After that we hit a couple of previously hunted yards. We managed a few silvers and a couple of Indians. After we finished those we had a hard time finding yards with enough lawn to detect, so we decided to look for a farm house out in the country.

We came across an old red brick farm house with the owner working outside of his barn. I stopped to talk to him and got a quick NO because it was hunted several years ago by a friend and he figured we wouldn't find any thing. As we talked a bit I could tell he was a very friendly guy and had knowledge of the hobby. He mentioned a couple of you tubers that he watched. Just before I was going to leave I jokingly said to him its a shame he said no because I could almost guarantee that there Indians still buried in his lawn. He laughed and said go prove it. So we did. My very first plug with him standing next to me I pulled out the first Indian. The next hour and a half we all had fun. He stayed with us the whole time just talking about metal detecting and laughing at me when Alec dug a 3 Indian spill in a spot I just walked thru. Between the two of us we dug 8 Indians, 2 suspender clips, 1 lg. skeleton key and a bunch of wheats. The owner was super cool which made it a very fun hunt!!

I'm having a little trouble uploading photos from my computer, so here's a grouping of our finds!!

Attachment 67237
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Man there are a lot of indians there! Great job talking to the owner to win that permission.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Glad you won that bet, Don!

Nice bunch of finds! Lots of Indians and you didn't have to endure the Silverless Drive Home of Shame.

I love that giant key! I've never seen one like it. I wonder what it was to? Must have been something big.

The buckles are awesome too. We just don't find them like that here in Illinois.

Good job!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Elite Member
    Nice finds and congrats on the recoveries. Hopefully after retirement I plan on making a few road trips as I don't recall ever detecting outside of Wisconsin. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Hopefully after retirement I plan on making a few road trips as I don't recall ever detecting outside of Wisconsin. WD[/QUOTE]

Well, when you do and you want some company just let me know. I always enjoy hitting new territory. Maybe we could kidnap Tony and hit the east coast!!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Shows you've still got it, and still the talent to get permissions Don. Congrats! Glad you and Al had a good day together.