Thread: Finally something decent to post

Finally something decent to post

Been out a few times this year but none of my hunts really yielded anything worthy of posting. yesterday I went back to a park that I've detected before but this time decided to go into the woods near the entrance of the park where a home use to sit. I suspected that the wooded areas around the house were once fields and when i dug up an oxen shoe and a part of plow blade I was pretty happy.
    Here are my finds from yesterday: A very thin & mangled dandy button, a pewter button, knee buckle, musket ball, and a 1802 Draped bust large cent. I have no idea what the brass triangle thing is, it has pin type posts on each corner on the reverse. Any ideas?
    Hoping to go back Saturday.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by catskillcomics; 10-31-2019 at 06:48 AM.
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

Congrats on seeing the park as it used to be! Those are some oldie keepers. Interested to see what the triangle is.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice to see a post from you, Scott! You were one of the very first members to register here 10 years ago. Besides del, you are pretty much the only early member who still posts here.

Congrats on the nice finds! The Draped Bust sure looks like 1802 to me. Awesome!

The triangle pin is very curious. I wonder if it was a symbol for some club or fraternal organization?

Best of luck on your return trip to that site!

Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Good idea hitting those woods! Definitely worth hitting again.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Thanks Tony, it's always nice to be here..
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

Very nice!
    Best finds GW Button and John Adams Cufflink.
    Trust in the Lord...

Nice finds. The square buckle looks like a possible hat buckle.
    XP Deus

Nice 1802 Draped Bust. Took me a second to realize the 1803 was not fabulous job on cleanup! Congrats.
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus