Thread: More decent finds - colonial field

More decent finds - colonial field

Went back to the park both Saturday & Sunday where I found my latest colonial finds. Everything in the photo beside the Dandy button & the knee or hat buckle was found about 50 yards from the home on a slope leading to the brook. At first I thought I found a colonial dump site , but then I found the well about 10 feet from the brook, then it made sense that they were traveling back and forth a lot from the home to the well. Wish I would found another coin or two.. there is one good signal of 80-84 that I wish I could dig, but it would require taking down a tree. The ring is made of lead, I have no idea what that would of been used for.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

I wish I had a Colonial field to detect.

You are definitely getting some old stuff there, Scott! Those buttons and buckle pieces and nice. You know there's more to be found there!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by catskillcomics View Post
    Wish I would found another coin or two.. there is one good signal of 80-84 that I wish I could dig, but it would require taking down a tree. .
    Wow! Nice bunch of finds. Yeah I would lose sleep knowing I left a colonial 80-84 target signal in the ground. This is what you do. Get a 2 foot long piece of 3/8 or half inch copper pipe. Hammer it about half way into the ground next to the high conductor. Pull the pipe out, knock the dirt out. Put the pipe back in the hole. Fry some bacon. Eat the bacon. Pour the bacon fat down the pipe into the hole. Overnight one of the local varmints will dig out that bacon grease to the bottom of the hole. With just a little bit of pinpointing and digging, your high conductor will be ready to be harvested.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Take a small coil next time (or a chain saw )! I bet you'll get your coin!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Wow, Jeff! Good idea! Does it work...or are you kidding, and I'm gullible?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    Wow! Nice bunch of finds. Yeah I would lose sleep knowing I left a colonial 80-84 target signal in the ground. This is what you do. Get a 2 foot long piece of 3/8 or half inch copper pipe. Hammer it about half way into the ground next to the high conductor. Pull the pipe out, knock the dirt out. Put the pipe back in the hole. Fry some bacon. Eat the bacon. Pour the bacon fat down the pipe into the hole. Overnight one of the local varmints will dig out that bacon grease to the bottom of the hole. With just a little bit of pinpointing and digging, your high conductor will be ready to be harvested.
    Fricken' brilliant ! I'd give it a shot . I don't see how it could fail . Good call Lodge Scent .

Awesome finds Catskill !

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Wow, Jeff! Good idea! Does it work...or are you kidding, and I'm gullible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    Fricken' brilliant ! I'd give it a shot . I don't see how it could fail . Good call Lodge Scent .

Awesome finds Catskill !

I have yet to try it Drew, but as Cheap Thrills says...how can it fail. Plus you get to eat some bacon.

With the quality and quantity of great colonial finds that Scott has been recovering from that site, I would get creative to get that challenging target because you know it could be something really good.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Very nice!
    Best finds GW Button and John Adams Cufflink.
    Trust in the Lord...

Love the shoe buckle on the left and ornate fragments , bet there are a few more and maybe a whole complete one laying around , you obviously found a main traffic pathway to and from the well . Keep working it usually there are multiple paths to a well plus hillsides are some of the best places overlooked and coins are usually in great shape when found on them .

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    its so crazy sounding that it just might work flawlessly !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Tony, you always welcome to come visit, I have a spot up in the Catskill Mountains I've wanting to go to, 3 or 4 cellar holes, never detected but we have to go either in the early spring or fall, lots of Rattlers up there.

Drew, come over with your chainsaw, I'll have bail money ready to get you out

Del, Yes, that one shoe buckle you like, I like as well, you can't see it in the photo but it still has a tiny bit of silver wash on it here and there.
    Attached Images Attached Images