Thread: Return to the 1/2 Penny Canadian coin site

Threaded View

Elite Member

Return to the 1/2 Penny Canadian coin site

Was hoping to get in some detecting today despite the weather (snow covered), but I found out the price you pay for getting to detect in January - snowstorms in October that fall. weather really sucks here. Anyway I got to the field and the snow did not melt. I hunted for about 15 minutes on top of the snow but the coil got so heavy I just quit. I found a small patch of ground that had little to no snow and decided to hunt that. The area was maybe 25 x 50 feet but had some old stuff hidden underneath. The first old coin was a Barber dime where I returned to later and found an Indian. By the end of the hunt I had a Barber Quarter the Barber dime 2 Mercs the Indian and 2 old Wheaties. The condition on the Mercs and Wheaties was such that I am sure they were dropped in the twenties at the latest. The last thing I found was the most interesting, it is a pewter like block (heavy) that has what looks like a car or something from a RR track or some sort of wheeled thing. It has reverse lettering and I can make out "patented" and the date 1894. Anyone knows I would love to hear what it is. Thanks Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes