Thread: The Price VS Quality..?

The Price VS Quality..?

I've seen pinpointer metal detectors on "wish" a Chinese site for purchasing all kinds of sayings at rock-bottom prices they even have incredible looking metal detectors I haven't bought but my question is there are a huge difference in pinpointer metal detectors I've seen identical detectors for $15 on one site and $100 on the next site??? I mean they're going to keep when they're on top of your target either way... so what am I missing here?

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Your first sentence has one word that throws up a red flag for me, “Chinese”. The Chinese are notorious for counterfeiting top of the line detectors and pinpointers, by using inferior components. They also make cheap nock offs of all sorts of products from golf clubs to electronics. I would not waist my time or money buying anything from China. If you want a quality detector that is going to preform as advertised, then stick with one of the top detector companies and only buy from an authorized dealer. If you can stick to a local dealer that’s even better. Good luck.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

I saw a review of a TaylorMade driver that was purchased off of the Wish site. Normal cost is $500 but on Wish it was about $100. At first glance it looks real but after just 3 or 4 swings the club broke! My guess is that there is nothing on Wish that is legit.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

There's an old expression, "buy cheap, buy twice." If you buy the Chinese version then in very short order you'll be buying a Garrett (and wishing you never bought the first one).
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger