Got out with Donnie B and Ron yesterday , the weather was about as perfect as you could get here in Connecticut in November Donnie gave Ron and I an invite to his sites where he has been doing pretty well at , this area has many old cellar sites with tons of stone lined pens and over grown fields all open swinging pretty much. At the one large site they must of lived there for almost two centuries as there are scraps of metal from colonial times to the early 1900's . Name:  heart locket.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  61.2 KB Half of a heart shaped locket from the early 20th century to my surprise it was gold plated Name:  heart locket cleaned.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  27.0 KB . one of finds that made me smile was finding one of these NY Municipal Police buttons Donnie and Ron's wife Jessica have found and learning about the interesting political history they hold with New York from 1845 to 1857 , needless to say I was very intrigued . So I was pleased to find one in such nice shape Name:  ny municipal police button dirty.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  51.8 KB only to see it glimmer with all the gold gilt when cleaned Name:  ny municipal police button .jpg
Views: 281
Size:  112.2 KBName:  ny municipal police button reverse.jpg
Views: 2197
Size:  118.5 KB . My day was already made well before I found this button however because earlier I had found a coin that's been on my list for some time now . Name:  liberty cap just dug.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  42.6 KB A 1794 liberty cap cent a very thick coin so I knew it had the "one hundred for a dollar" on the edge needless to say i'll be taking my time cleaning this one . a Side from these I scored a couple of Indians (1881 , 1898) an oxknob about 5 buttons and some interesting clasps Name:  Nov. 23 finds.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  51.9 KB, good day for a short hunt !

I want to give a shout out to Donnie (the "assist man" ) for the generous invite

Dan