Thread: Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays!

It has been awhile since I have posted. I Just wanted to say, Happy Thanksgiving, and Merry Christmas! I have not been able to detect in many years, but my Minelab E-trac sits in the corner calling to me every day. The excitement of cutting that plug comes to me in my dreams every once in awhile, and I spend the whole day feeling content. That is a blessing. I miss it very much. Trust me on this one. It does not matter what you find. It is only the thrill of the hunt that matters. As long as you can imagine wonderful and special finds, that is all that is important in this hobby. Just get out there and enjoy the freedom of the hunt. You will make those finds eventually. Don't measure yourself against your fellow detectorist, but rather see progress in your own abilities with each swing. I enjoy reading about your finds and discoveries in Methodology, and use of your detectors. There is no question that forums like this provide access to vast amounts of knowledge. The friendships are very special as well. Remember at the end of any hunt, take pause and be grateful for what surrounds you and the opportunity to hunt for these wonderful buried treasures.

Keep Swing'in,
    Jack

Name:  CyberSage3.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  34.8 KB
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Great words Jack! There's enough treasure in the ground for everybody and the thrill of seeing what's in that next plug really keeps me going! Happy holidays to you and yours also. Happy digging, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Words of wisdom, sir! Best wishes to you and yours and I hope you're out swinging again in no time!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Beautiful post, Jack. Your words ring true, each plug is like a Christmas present. You never know what's going to be inside. Cherish every moment.

Happy Holidays to everyone at American Detectorist!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

As always, well said Jack! Good to hear from you!
    Your right. Some of the best finds I've ever found in this hobby, were new friends. Sure the gold and silver keep us going back time and time again. But there isn't always gold and silver, or cool old relic in you pocket at the end if the day. But you'll always have the friendships that you've found over the seasons. I always say, I've met more great people through this hobby than anywhere else in my life.

Hope everyone has a good holiday season. I'm sure you were good this year. Maybe Santa will leave you a detecting toy for Christmas!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Well put Jack!! an early Merry Christmas to American Detectorists!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.