Thread: Insane hunt yields 14 century coins

Threaded View

Elite Member

Insane hunt yields 14 century coins

Hard to explain but don't pinch me because I don't want to wake up. I went out today to find some clad dimes and maybe an old coin or 2. WOW, can't explain it but it was a crazy hunt. Of course I needed a few clad dimes to hit a goal and I find a coin spill of nothing but dimes for a total of 5. It took about 15 minutes to find the dimes I needed so I spent the rest of the time trying to find an old coin. I can only explain it as perfect ground conditions or I don't know what it was but I found more Indians and Barber dimes then I can ever remember finding. One of the Indians actually has the brown copper color yet. In total I got 5 Barber Dimes and 7 Indians along with 4 Mercury's and 2 wheats (one a 1916). I also found a 1893 Dog Tag. What a day. I also posted the results of several previous hunts as well, that included a really nice 10K ring with a sterling base. Let it snow now as I am good Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes