Thread: KGII and friend

KGII and friend

Poking around near the edge of the swamp.

No date KG II

Curious doe:

Jeff
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

That coin must have screamed! Such green moss! When I first started detecting I went out in my woods everyday for months. I befriended a few deer. They used to stop by everyday just to say hi. I have video of them coming over to about 30 feet. My wife said I should have brought apples out everyday to get them to eat from my hand.
    That looks like a super old site. Congrats on the December copper!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Thanks Drew. I had just turned on my machine, made 3 swings with the coil and got that copper. A minute later got a big button. Got my hopes up high but it went downhill quick from there. A few bits of lead and a shot gun shell was all that came out of that spot. But there was some iron as well so I do think it was a home site. An old one like you said. Very small walled area right up against the swamp. But very rocky and I mean big unmovable rocks. I find it hard to understand that even by the early 1700's the prime land was already snatched up and people were trying to eke out an existence on this marginal land. I've walked by this spot a number of times. It didn't look like it was worth checking out until I noticed the remains of a very low irregular wall on my way out of the woods last weekend. We should call you the Deer Whisperer.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Beautiful copper!
    XP Deus

It's bitter sweet when you immediately make a good find, visions of virgin sites dance through your head...then nothing! That happens quite a bit to me.
    I bet the swamp swallowed up all the keepers at your site. Much of our swampy land was once fertile fields.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Beautiful Copper and love the shot of the deer. I too have had them get real close to me and then I think about all those videos with hunters getting beaten up, lol.

I agree with Drew, no one would make a house next to a swamp so that ground was once dry but time has made it that way. Hit that swamp when it dries out & the goodies will be popping out.
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Elite Member
    Great finds, congrats. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes