Thread: Beautiful day hunting

Hybrid View

Beautiful day hunting

Sunday was nearly 70 degrees and just too beautiful of day to pass up some time in the woods. Went back to the colonial farm, pickings are getting slim but still managed to find a few things. Typically I don't dig many iron signals, but glad I did. found a 3x6 frame, that's going to get some electrolysis and hope the details come up.
    I have no idea what that other iron piece is the disc on top.
    Other that, ox knob, a couple shoe buckle pieces, a couple buttons, a round ball.
    Looking forward of going back another time or two.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

Elite Member
    Nice relics. I like when I get a place down to a few signals as it forces me out of my comfort zone as to what signals I dig or what area. This hobby always surprises so its neat to dig some of those iron and weirder signals. Nice recoveries. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

I agree Wisc Digger, I was just watching a MD youtube video by Heavymetalnut where he found ann iron lamb statue and it looked great after he cleaned it, so it kinda got me in the mind set to dig some of those iron signals.

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin digger View Post
    Nice relics. I like when I get a place down to a few signals as it forces me out of my comfort zone as to what signals I dig or what area. This hobby always surprises so its neat to dig some of those iron and weirder signals. Nice recoveries. WD

Good work! It definitely pays off to dig some of that iron.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Nice going! Dave has always dug alot of iron. He's truly a digItAll guy. Im not as dedicated as that. Although some of my most prized finds are horse and ox bits. Did you find any of the non-ferrous after you dug the iron on top of it? Congrats!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

That thing on the left reminds me of a side of a boot scraper.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Great to get out in January isn't it? Winter much different this year than last.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

Ya John, this has been a pretty mild winter, we're to have about a week of really cold temps but its suppose to warm back up after that. I'm hope the leaves in the wood prevents any hard freeze.

Some very nice January finds. Congrats!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Elite Member
    Nice finds, just got another 6" inches of fresh snow today, YIPPEE. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes